Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost 180k on my 2016 Limited and I've always used OEM pads on the original rotors

Everything's smooth as glass under normal conditions, but after a good heat cycle while braking aggressively from high speeds, I get a bit of a bad vibe

Front pads are starting to get low, so I've been shopping for replacement rotors

I was set on getting a Brembo blank front kit, but the've been out of stock for the last month and have no idea when they will get more

What are you guys using and how do you like them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Powerstop rotors and pads (non-coated) from Rockauto.com. front and back
Put them on this time last year. Been very happy with them.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brembo blanks were out of stock and I needed sumthin quick cause my pads were gone, so I went with some cheap cross drilled/slotted rotors from AutoShack and OEM pads.

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Alloy wheel

Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Automotive design

Fish Wood Artifact Glove Safety glove

Wood Gesture Electric blue Art Sculpture

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Spent an hour bedding them in good and proper

Day and night difference from what I had on there previously, but we'll see how long they hold up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Brembo blanks were out of stock and I needed sumthin quick cause my pads were gone, so I went with some cheap cross drilled/slotted rotors from AutoShack and OEM pads.

View attachment 53766
View attachment 53767
View attachment 53768
View attachment 53769
View attachment 53770

Spent an hour bedding them in good and proper

Day and night difference from what I had on there previously, but we'll see how long they hold up
I'm jealous of the lift you were able to use. I did my brakes sitting on the garage floor.

·
Registered
‘15 XLE AWD
63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just did my oil change tonight and got a couple of pictures of how the rotors look after about 3 months and 3600 miles. Did not take of the tires but you can get a good item of how they look. Been real happy with the performance thus far.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive lighting

One front and one rear. Will get some better pictures the next time I do a rotation.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I installed some powerstop (drilled version) on my previous vehicle, a 2008 Subaru Forester. It was night and day compared to OEM. Drove it for a couple years after that and sold it to my coworker. He still had the car and the brakes are still on it. He hasn't complained to me so I assume it's all good. They drove it to Arizona and back multiple times from Portland to Arizona.

That's why I didn't hesitate to buy powerstops again.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Autozone duralast gold rotors and pads... I am a believer.. Simple and easy warranty locally .. And they work better then the previous power stop z23 pads, rotors drilled, slotted ones..

And i had previous oem , akebono.. So far i am happy with the autozone duralast Gold

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Autozone duralast gold rotors and pads... I am a believer.. Simple and easy warranty locally .. And they work better then the previous power stop z23 pads, rotors drilled, slotted ones..

And i had previous oem , akebono.. So far i am happy with the autozone duralast Gold

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm using akebono for the front with my power stop. Bosch pads for the rear on OEM rotors. I figure most the stopping power and problems usually come from the front so that's where I focus on most.

·
Registered
'11 Limited FWD
304 Posts
I thought so as well, but when I took a close look I found the rear rotors were in terrible condition. The fronts aren't perfect but replacing the rears (I used Autozone gold) solved probably over 90% of the shaking.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I thought so as well, but when I took a close look I found the rear rotors were in terrible condition. The fronts aren't perfect but replacing the rears (I used Autozone gold) solved probably over 90% of the shaking.
My next step would to be replacing them. Maybe sometime next year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts