Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Factory Firestone on my 2017 LE FWD has 4/32 left at 29K miles. Decided to change them before the snow comes.
Costco is now offering $150 discount on both Bridgestone and Michelin when you buy 4 and installation.

I am looking into Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack or Michelin Defender T+H
Miles are both rated at 80K.
Only $1 difference in unit price: Quiettrack ($168) VS Defender($169)
Quiettrack temperature rate is A, Defender is B
Other spec. are almost the same.

Please advise!
Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you have snow, I like the Michelin CrossClimate2. Very good wet performance and 3 peak snow rated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just put on the Defender LTX M/S on my 2014 XLE AWD, love them so far. I've had 2 sets of them on my other cars since they were introduced.

·
109 Posts
We bought a set of Michelin Defender XT from Costco (Canada) in 2014 and they were worn out in less than 80k kilometres (50k miles) and I wasn't impressed with that. In retrospect, I probably should have filed a warranty claim with Michelin as they lasted nowhere near the rated 145k kilometres (90k miles). One of the tires had a side wall puncture and was replaced under Costco's road hazard warranty and obviously I can't fault the tire for that. We rotate our tires every spring after swapping the winter tires for summer. The winters are on dedicated rims.

Currently the van has a set of Michelin X Tour A/S T+H which Costco told us replaced the Michelin Defender XT model. A recent check of the tread wear shows that they are wearing about the same rate as the Michelin Defender XT. I love dealing with Costco but I'm not impressed with the high rate of wear with the Michelins.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the defender T+H on my 2014 XLE, they were great! Ride was smooth, didnt notice any change in gas mileage. ive always been happy with Michelin. I now have a 2015 SE, i had tried some bridgestones and i couldnt stand the noise/ride and switched back to michelins

·
Banned
2 Posts
We purchased a bunch of Michelin Defender XT from Costco (Canada) in 2014 and they were exhausted in under 80k kilometers 70k miles and I wasn't intrigued with that. All things considered, I most likely ought to have documented a guarantee with Michelin as they endured not even close to the evaluated 1495k kilometers 100k miles. One of the tires had a side divider cut and was supplanted under Costco's street peril guarantee and clearly I can't blame the tire for that. We turn our tires each spring in the wake of trading the colder time of year tires for summer. The winters are on devoted edges.

As of now the van has a bunch of Michelin X Tour A/S T+H which Costco let us know supplanted the Michelin Defender XT model. An ongoing check of the track wear shows that they are wearing about a similar rate as the Michelin Defender XT. I love managing Costco however I'm not intrigued with the high pace of wear with the Michelins.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We bought a set of Michelin Defender XT from Costco (Canada) in 2014 and they were worn out in less than 80k kilometres (50k miles) and I wasn't impressed with that. In retrospect, I probably should have filed a warranty claim with Michelin as they lasted nowhere near the rated 145k kilometres (90k miles). One of the tires had a side wall puncture and was replaced under Costco's road hazard warranty and obviously I can't fault the tire for that. We rotate our tires every spring after swapping the winter tires for summer. The winters are on dedicated rims.

Currently the van has a set of Michelin X Tour A/S T+H which Costco told us replaced the Michelin Defender XT model. A recent check of the tread wear shows that they are wearing about the same rate as the Michelin Defender XT. I love dealing with Costco but I'm not impressed with the high rate of wear with the Michelins.
You will never get 90k miles out of any Sienna tire. Those Michelins at 50k are about the best you are going to get out of any tire.

Yes, you should have filed a claimed against the treadwear warranty. Costco should have handled it for you directly so you wouldn’t have to go to Michelin. I got my second set of Defenders at almost half price because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Use the Compare feature at tirerack.com and see how they stack up. Find both tires and click the Compare box. It's a great tool whether you buy tires from them or not. Just for giggles, compare the OEM tires to some others...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the quiet track now and they're ok after 10k so far. Minivans will be minivans but they do the job and they're relatively quiet. I don't feel them sliding in rain or hard turns but they are slightly spongy at times. I hate the Michelin tires. If you drive less than 10k a year, expect tire rot after 4 years. Costco will not replace them. So I really do hate the Michelin ones. I drove very little during those years and ended up trashing the tires after 3 years and 27k miles. Best tires I've had from Costco were the Turanzas. Performance was pretty good, handled really well, lasted 6 years @55k miles (could've gone 65k) but slightly noisy. I say no to the defenders.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You will never get 90k miles out of any Sienna tire. Those Michelins at 50k are about the best you are going to get out of any tire.

Yes, you should have filed a claimed against the treadwear warranty. Costco should have handled it for you directly so you wouldn’t have to go to Michelin. I got my second set of Defenders at almost half price because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Costco actually told me it was due to front end problems. I believed them and had the van realigned and checked for nothing. Google defenders and tire rot. It's a huge problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Factory Firestone on my 2017 LE FWD has 4/32 left at 29K miles. Decided to change them before the snow comes.
Costco is now offering $150 discount on both Bridgestone and Michelin when you buy 4 and installation.

Please advise!
Thanks!
My 2017 FWD factory tires were toyotally gone at 26K and I went with the Quiettrack at costco. I've had two sienna's and the fact of the matter is, they eat tires. My previous 2009 4wd never got more than 30k, even on 80k tires. I'm religious about inflation and rotation, but sienna's are big heavy cars. The costco guy said I might get 50 on the Quiettrack. I like them; they are quiet and drive well. I like them so far; about due for their first rotation. We'll see.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Add one more in the Mich Defender column. Very good durability, even tread wear, and respectable wet/dry grip for my 11xlefwd. Gone 125k so far on 3.25 sets of tires and 2.25 of those have been Defenders, the other being the van’s OEM shoes - Firestone or Bridgestone I believe? - which wore out pretty quickly.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Please advise!
Thanks!
Don’t have any experience with the Bridgestones, but I have been running the Michelin Defender T+H’s on our 2011 Sienna for 30K miles. There was a noticeable improvement in ride and handling over other Michelins I’ve had on it. They are wearing evenly. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2014 XLE AWD: went through 2 sets of Michelin Defender tires. No complaints except they wore out quickly. The first set was replaced with a little over 30k miles and I took advantage of the prorated warranty so the replacement was a good price. But the second set wore out just as quickly. Replacement was General Altimax rt43 much cheaper and have lasted 50k miles. My only complaint is the Michelin defender just wore out too quickly for the price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts