Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

My 2010 Sienna battery has been bubbling for the past few months.

I do not see the bubbling happen when the car is idling and its just wet around the cells.

I have replaced my alternator with a good used one a few months ago and my battery didn't even lose power while sitting out the car for 6 months.

I also have an issue time to time i crank the car it starts then dies when starting i don't know if this could be related to the battery having issues.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you have a multimeter (V-meter) measure the voltage at the battery terminals while the engine is running. If it's above 15 V then there's a concern with your alternator/voltage regulator (if that is a replaceable part). If the electrolyte is boiling like that below 15 V then I believe the battery is bad and should be replaced.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a multimeter (V-meter) measure the voltage at the battery terminals while the engine is running. If it's above 15 V then there's a concern with your alternator/voltage regulator (if that is a replaceable part). If the electrolyte is boiling like that below 15 V then I believe the battery is bad and should be replaced.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Last time when i had my OBD Scanner connected to the car i saw the voltage was around 13.8 to 14.6 Voltage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts