Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had a dealership tell me that Toyota is no longer accepting builds ?

Does anybody have any information on this?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Today I had a dealership tell me that Toyota is no longer accepting builds ?

Does anybody have any information on this?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I was told that over a month ago. They asked me about my preferences. Then Toyota sends them whatever allocation (It's Toyota that decides what trims and colors to send them). If they get an allocation that closely matches my request...they will contact me. However, they said that it is extremely difficult to get the trim I want in the color I want. I will wait...there is no rush.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This sounds like what one dealer told me. They can “preference” one and toyota will eventually send something close that was already being built. Most others said they will continue to check their incoming allocation and let me know if a Platinum shows up. One dealer offered to order but I’m skeptical that it is an actual order and not just hoping to match an allocation.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Toyota doesn't build to your spec request. Its the other way around you request what you want and Toyota finds what is not allocated and sends you what is being built. You can request multiple colors to get a sooner build. My local dealer which is the highest selling dealer in the area would not work with me to take my order. I went to a dealer that was further out who was not a top seller and they were willing to take my order. Try to find a smaller dealer or a dealer further away from the city and more than likely they will work with you to take your order.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I found a specific configuration I wanted (and that was available on the website), but I spoke with several dealers and none could "order" or "get" the exact vehicle I wanted (XLE AWD with roof rails, spare, and inverter).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts