Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a silly question to ask cuz the 2022s just came out but any thoughts on what 2023 might have in store? I’m debating if I should just order the 2022 now or wait until 2023. Common knowledge is to wait to continue to allow kinks to get resolved through the years especially with the new gen starting in 2021. Another factor is pricing, tough to say if the chip supply and demand/supply will settle by next fall and how it will affect pricing and supply. I’m guessing the minivan market will only grow since it seems they are making a major comeback.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think personally supply will be more plentiful in late 2022, which would be a 2023 model if you're looking at this time next year. We likely are going to wait until then as well. Simply low stock and little room for negotiation right now. If it gets better by then, great, if not, you're no worse off than now (hopefully)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm a big buy and hold kind of guy, so unless you have a good reason to need the van soon, wait. Why do you want a new Sienna?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you not see the OP's name? He's living the dad van life! :ROFLMAO:
Haha, yes, I got that, but does he have a dad van now? If so, is it in particularly bad shape? If he's living the dad van life but has no van, then I don't see how waiting is an option. :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dude, I ordered a Green 2021 Sienna in July. At this point I feel lucky if I finally take delivery by 2023. NO green ones are being produced. I have been told by two other dealerships that the Green color does not exist at this point. All the other dealerships occasionally have silver or white ones available but they never have the options we want. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To clarify I am eager to dadvanlife it! We are a family of 3 (for now) and our family vehicle is a Tacoma which isn’t very practical with a baby. The cabin is tight with the rear baby seat in the rear middle, all the baby gear thrown all over the place, and feeding my baby in such tight quarters can be done but probably not much longer since he is growing fast. The thought of a minivan sounds sublime. It would be our second vehicle. I figure we could probably get by until we grow to a family of 4, (God-willing in 2023) hence I’m on the fence if I should just get the 2022 now or suck it up and wait til 2023.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my 22 Limited yesterday. Ordered the 21 limited in April, got switched to 22 as they announced it in early Nov. Got the car yesterday after 7 months wait. I guess in one way I got the 22 model pretty quickly after it was revealed..

Salesperson did say wait time for LE/XLE would be about 6 mo and for limited would be probably 12 mo. So there’s no difference then order it next year, assuming better availability

·
Registered
35 Posts
You should get in line for an order right now (couldn't hurt, and it's non-binding), and then when your turn comes up you can decide if you want to take it or wait it out, depending on how long you had to wait

·
Registered
30 Posts
To clarify I am eager to dadvanlife it! We are a family of 3 (for now) and our family vehicle is a Tacoma which isn’t very practical with a baby. The cabin is tight with the rear baby seat in the rear middle, all the baby gear thrown all over the place, and feeding my baby in such tight quarters can be done but probably not much longer since he is growing fast. The thought of a minivan sounds sublime. It would be our second vehicle. I figure we could probably get by until we grow to a family of 4, (God-willing in 2023) hence I’m on the fence if I should just get the 2022 now or suck it up and wait til 2023.
I see :) Well then, my advice would be to wait to order until you find out you're expecting your second. The carseat turning around eventually gives you a lot of space. Heaven forbid that the second is not so easy or never comes, or costs a lot. Probably not the case, but no need to drop 50k right now, in my opinion. Obviously to each their own, but we waited until we were expecting our 3rd to buy. We probably would have eventually gotten a van either way, but with only 1 kid a larger 5 seater may be a better option, or at least delays when a van would be extra helpful (friends piling in, etc).

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ordered in July and taking delivery today. Initially they told me delivery would be early 2022. If you are on the fence you should just order it and you can always cancel it later. They will require holding a deposit but it is fully refundable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered in July and taking delivery today. Initially they told me delivery would be early 2022. If you are on the fence you should just order it and you can always cancel it later. They will require holding a deposit but it is fully refundable.
JEALOUS. What color & config did you order, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
104 Posts
From what I understand, Toyota doesn't build to order. They take your order and try to match it as closely as possible to one already in the pipeline (Silly, but that's their model). What I did to score my 2021 XSE Plus was create a Chrome web page link that opened a tab to every Toyota dealer in the Metro St Louis area (Specifically for Siennas) and every morning and evening scanned what they claimed to have in stock (or in transit). Once I found one that met my needs/wants that wasn't already spoken for, I pulled the trigger. Took about 3 months, (XSEs are rare, and even rarer with the Plus package). I literally bought the van off the delivery truck. In the hour it took me to get to the dealership, they mostly had it prepped for me. A quick test drive, and some paperwork, I was out the door an hour later.

·
Registered
144 Posts
From what I understand, Toyota doesn't build to order. They take your order and try to match it as closely as possible to one already in the pipeline (Silly, but that's their model). What I did to score my 2021 XSE Plus was create a Chrome web page link that opened a tab to every Toyota dealer in the Metro St Louis area (Specifically for Siennas) and every morning and evening scanned what they claimed to have in stock (or in transit). Once I found one that met my needs/wants that wasn't already spoken for, I pulled the trigger. Took about 3 months, (XSEs are rare, and even rarer with the Plus package). I literally bought the van off the delivery truck. In the hour it took me to get to the dealership, they mostly had it prepped for me. A quick test drive, and some paperwork, I was out the door an hour later.
I agree I don't think they are custom ordered, but they are matched/selected with what is being built.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dude, I ordered a Green 2021 Sienna in July. At this point I feel lucky if I finally take delivery by 2023. NO green ones are being produced. I have been told by two other dealerships that the Green color does not exist at this point. All the other dealerships occasionally have silver or white ones available but they never have the options we want. ¯\(ツ)
I too had been trying to find a Green in a XLE 8 passenger configuration. I had one ordered in July at a local dealer (or so I thought) when one showed up in a search several states away about a month later. I passed on the "bird in the hand" only to find out, 3 months later, that my local dealer could not get one.

I had given up for a little while and then about a month ago I decided to give it another shot. My extensive search found no green XLE's anywhere and I searched all over. I was open to the possibility of a white one and was working a deal on one. We agreed on pricing for one that was in transit. It was set to arrive in about a month. While discussing it with the dealer they mentioned a green one could be had a bit sooner. What, no way, I'll take it! It was supposed to arrive by the end of November but is now set for Monday December 6th. I hope everything goes as planned next week.

·
Registered
124 Posts
These estimates have to be taken with a huge grain of salt right now, because COVID has really thrown future release planning up in the air more than I have seen. But, the current expected beginning delivery date of 23 Siennas is October 2022. So, that's a long wait.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts