Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new here. Coming out of a 2011 Odyssey which we loved but is starting to become unreliable and my wife really wants a hybrid. We are looking at the platinum because for as long as we keep our cars, I want a lot of features but especially a heated steering wheel. My question is should we wait for the '22 models to come out before purchasing? From what I've read, there are no major changes expected for next year's model. But might we be wrong? Would I get a better deal on a '21 if the '22s are out already? Should I wait for a 22 just because it will be one year newer for residual value?
Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you place an order now, it's likely it'll be a 2022 model by the time you get it in a month or two. By the time 22s are out, all the 21s will have sold, so not likely to get a better deal on 21s given supply constraints. Looks like the price increase will only be $100, and definitely unlikely to see major changes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Finding a new '21 is going to be tough. No news on any major changes for 2022. Word is one of the members was shown the pricing sheet for a 2022, and MSRP was $2k more for the same model. No one knows if it's because of accounting for covid related supply chain cost increases, or they're upping the standard equipment at that trim level. I'm thinking it's the former, but that's a gamble you'll have to make and find out.

I also really wanted to hold out for a 2022 being it's so close, but when news hit that Toyota was cutting production by 40% when cars were already super scarce, and pretty much every company said the chip shortage was going to get worse and extend to 2023, I said screw it and went ahead with my purchase of the van I already had reserved. I didn't want to worry anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts