Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We have a 2005 XLE and 2010 LE Toyota Sienna.
I'm wondering that on which direction the air flow for the cabin air filter.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Are you asking what direction you should install the cabin filter? Is there an arrow on the cabin filter?

Regards, JC.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think you should be able to find out by removing the cabin air filter and turning on the fan. Put your hand in where the cabin air filter was and feel which way the air flows. Be careful with your fingers...I'm not sure where the fan is exactly...or use a bit of string tied to a pencil.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you asking what direction you should install the cabin filter? Is there an arrow on the cabin filter?

Regards, JC.

Yes there is an arrow on the filter but there is also an arrow on the cover of the filter on upward direction with the word “UP”. And on the filter there is an arrow too which indicate the air flow direction. So I’m confuse because when I took out the old filter the filter was dirty on the upper side which making me believe that the air flow on downward direction.
Now I’m trying to find on which direction the air flow so I can install the filter on the correction direction.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The airflow is from top to bottom. You will see the dust on the top of the old filter. The third party filter usually comes with airflow direction. The toyota filter with "up" sign, you should put the "up" side on top.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree with Thanwu's description. I recently changed my filter and the orientation he described is what I observed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Cabin filter consists of two parts the frame and the filter. The frame (after removing the glove box) can only go in one way and when you pull it out it will have an arrow sign that shows the air flow. The filter has a arrow sign on one side, when you change the filter make sure the arrow is in the same direction as the arrow on the frame. Even though the filter is squarish it is a little rectangular so it will only fit in one direction.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you should be able to find out by removing the cabin air filter and turning on the fan. Put your hand in where the cabin air filter was and feel which way the air flows. Be careful with your fingers...I'm not sure where the fan is exactly...or use a bit of string tied to a pencil.
Thanks, I followed your direction and the air is flowing downwards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Cabin filter consists of two parts the frame and the filter. The frame (after removing the glove box) can only go in one way and when you pull it out it will have an arrow sign that shows the air flow. The filter has a arrow sign on one side, when you change the filter make sure the arrow is in the same direction as the arrow on the frame. Even though the filter is squarish it is a little rectangular so it will only fit in one direction.
Based 2 of my Toyota’s, the arrow on the frame just points up so you know how to install the frame. Both old filters had sediment on top so air flow direction is down.

2015 sienna
2006 rav4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts