Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Yes, I have been noticing this (typically) 5% difference, and I remember seeing the same deviation on the Prius as well. So we could conclude it's not a Sienna thing, and not a hybrid thing; it's a Toyota thing.

BTW, is it some kind of a welding apparatus that you have in the cubby on the rear left?

· Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Not just Toyota. My Honda Pilot over-reported roughly the same if I remember correctly, but while I tracked much driving in the Pilot on Fuelly, I didn’t track indicated MPG vs actual.

And no, not welding. There’s a first aid kit, a 5 pound ABC fire extinguisher, some shopping bags, and a set of very crappy jumper cables I once found on the side of the road.

My plan is to mount a vehicle fire extinguisher bracket, which I have. To mount this, I plan to pull back the plastic and bolt in a simple metal bracket behind the plastic, that I can bolt the fire extinguisher bracket to, so the fire extinguisher is securely fastened and not just sitting there loose.

Eventually the van will be converted into a campervan, but I wanted to carry a fire extinguisher regardless of if it is a campervan or not. You never know when you might need it, either for your own vehicle or someone else’s.
In your Sienna, is this rectangular recess (where the extinguisher et al sit) the original storage cubby for the middle-middle-seat, with a further/deeper recess for the tire repair kit? Because in the 2021+ Sienna w/o the factory-installed spare, it would be :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts