Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve run into a couple instances that I don’t want to hear the loud ding signaling a door is open. Is there any way to mute this?
I was driving with a table hanging out of the back and rear lift gate open (because the middle seats don’t remove!). It dinged the whole way home. Or, when I turn the car off and open a door. This is very annoying when I’m trying to get the kids out of the car without waking them up.
I spent 15 min trying to mute the ding but no luck. Any one know how?

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD
46 Posts
I’m sure it could be hacked to do what you want, but unfortunately I doubt it’s something simple you can do yourself.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’ve run into a couple instances that I don’t want to hear the loud ding signaling a door is open. Is there any way to mute this?
I was driving with a table hanging out of the back and rear lift gate open (because the middle seats don’t remove!). It dinged the whole way home. Or, when I turn the car off and open a door. This is very annoying when I’m trying to get the kids out of the car without waking them up.
I spent 15 min trying to mute the ding but no luck. Any one know how?
Page 115 of the Owners Manual has instructions for adjusting the volume of the buzzers which sound when the side and rear power doors operate.
Page 544 of the Owners Manual says that only the Dealer can turn off the Open Door Reminder Buzzer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts