Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My internet trial is about to expire in a week and wondering if it is still possible to cast using Miracast from Android to the rear entertainment screen.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
394 Posts
I can from my phone. On my Note10, I have "Smart View". Activating it displays a list of devices to cast to. Be in the 3rd option on right in source selection on RES. I forgot what it is called.

Caveat: You can't have hot-spot on on your phone and cast using SmartView at the same time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My internet trial is about to expire in a week and wondering if it is still possible to cast using Miracast from Android to the rear entertainment screen.
Yes, so long as the Android itself has internet service. If the droid only had internet through the van's ATT plan and was not on its own internet carrier, then you can only cast things that have been downloaded to the device itself / not streaming.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Miracast is a direct point-to-point connection and does not require a network or internet in order to work. However, if you are using Chromecast to cast youtube or Netflix to the RES, then you will need to use the screen mirror (SmartView in Samsung I believe) option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts