Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay folks new to the game, looking for a new 2011 v6 basic model with powerdoors (or without), what's the best anyone's gotten out the door price? I know mrsrp's but what's the best one can do, I was shootin for 2000 off msrp what do you think?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Welcome... a good rule of thumb is take the MSRP and - 9.95% from that and this is what the dealer paid for the vehicle, then you can offer a fair price from there such as 3% or so to start with. The other option is to go to Car Cost Canada and buy a membership and get the exact price including any options from which you can negotiate with the dealer I have used this numerous times and have saved upwards of $1800.00 from MSRP. Hope this helps and Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update confirmation alberta price on two buyers for base v6 28900+gst and no other fees,le v6 model bought for 36000 out the door price, now looking for a se price, let you all know if i come across one, hope someone can return the favor! ;D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Lakerman,

The SE is coming out in May which is now. Like previously mentioned you can use one of the price services to assist. I think with the demand of the SE you probably won't get much off. Can you wait a few months until inventory builds up and then you can save?

Regards, Jason.

·
Registered
106 Posts
paid sticker price got floor mats and remote starter thrown in for "free". they also gave me a set of 4 winter studded tires on steel rims for what they cost the dealer. Loydminster alberta toyota dealer great service. They even delivered the van 160 km to my home.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Not that I'm looking to buy a new van, but you may want to contact www.carhelpcanada.com. For paying a membership fee they will tell you what the cheapest price you can get for a new Sienna.

Regards, JC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have decided to get the 2011 SE. I'm hoping some newer, Canadian SE owners can update us on what they paid for theirs. Thx in advance!

·
Registered
79 Posts
In your shoes, I'd price out one from the US as well. Without getting into all the details here (I'm sure there's already an importing thread existing), it is a pain to buy new from the US but a broker will be able to do it for $1000 or less (if you can't manage to find a dealer that will sell new) and then you can probably have it shipped to pretty much any US border city for another $500-$1000. FWIW, a FWD LE can be gotten for about $27k US and a loaded LTD AWD is about $42k US (although you have to look closely since the trims /options aren't always exactly the same).

·
Registered
4 Posts
michelb said:
In your shoes, I'd price out one from the US as well. Without getting into all the details here (I'm sure there's already an importing thread existing), it is a pain to buy new from the US but a broker will be able to do it for $1000 or less (if you can't manage to find a dealer that will sell new) and then you can probably have it shipped to pretty much any US border city for another $500-$1000. FWIW, a FWD LE can be gotten for about $27k US and a loaded LTD AWD is about $42k US (although you have to look closely since the trims /options aren't always exactly the same).
Thanks. I actually happen to live in a border city and looked into importing a new Lexus IS 250 back in 2006. I ended buying it in Canada because it seemed like too much red tape and too much time. I spoke with the Lexus dealer and due to strict Lexus/Toyota dealership policies, he could not sell directly to a Canadian. The loophole we found was that I would have had to have my American relative purchase the car under his name and I would have to, in turn, purchase the 'used/brand new' car from him. I think I will revisit this possibility and see if the savings (after duties, taxes, etc) will be worth my time and troubles.

In the meantime...I hope to hear from some Canadian SE owners that have purchased theirs in our home and native land.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I paid $34,700 after taxes on the road for a 2012 Sienna LE.
Hi,
I am looking to purchase a sienna.
Was this for the V6 model?
Did you finance it with the 0.9 percent financing? I was quoted 33,700 for the v6 le it seems like you got a much better deal.
Which dealer was this from?

Thanks,

Mocool

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I am looking to purchase a sienna.
Was this for the V6 model?
Did you finance it with the 0.9 percent financing? I was quoted 33,700 for the v6 le it seems like you got a much better deal.
Which dealer was this from?

Thanks,

Mocool
Hi,

I paid for mine (LE AWD) for $40,579 (we have PST and GST) all in with 84mo/120k ECP warranty, with free cross bars and hood deflector. Just be careful when financing it as the dealer will most often offer (and quickly go through) disability insurance which will jack up the price. Go to carcostcanada and they will tell you the dealer nearest you that will give you a 3-6% margin from Wholesale Price.

Good Luck!
HBIris

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi all,

Just to add my 2 cents worth to this...

I just got a 2012 LE AWD in Aug. (Basically the last ones before 2013's come out)

I first went to unhaggle.com paid the $49 to have the dealerships in my area give me quotes and you just select the dealer with the best discount. I have to say that I was hoping for more $$ off but I can't complain either as in the end I got about $1600 off the car on a financing. Unhaggle.com also sends you the dealer invoice pricing for the model and trim you are getting quotes for.

You don't even have to deal with the sales person or their sales manager and I got about 4.5% off MSRP, I think that's pretty decent. Maybe someone with really good negotiating skills can get even more and if they paid in cash but like I said, I can't complain.

I would definitely use this process to buy a my next car again... so much less stress.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can also use a car broker. One phone call, get your price, all dealer incentives apply as well. Usually you pay $400-$800 over cost, depending on the vehicle. If you pay 3% over cost ( carcost.ca or whoever) $40,000 (pre tax) that's $1200, they pay themselves $400 on top of the 4-800 the dealer pockets. Too much.
When you start buying vehicles with lots of options, the fixed percentage really bites you in the wallet! Also, a broker will have pre- negotiated prices for accessories, extended warranties etc.
The volume of business that a broker brings to the dealer carries A LOT of weight.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That being said, Maverick got a pretty good shake...
Yes.... But keep in mind of the time of year to go buy a car. Is my next best suggestion too.

The fleet manager gave me that deal cuz he needed to get rid of stock on the lot to make room for the 2013. I don't know all the inner deals that the factory has with the dealers but I'm sure there were some pretty good incentives for the dealers from the factory to blow out the 2012s.

So bottom line.... Use a service like unhaggle.com and time it so that its the model year end clear out. The later you go, the better the deal you gonna get, but that's offset by fewer choice of color and options and trim level.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Right on. My broker experience has been that the pricing is fixed, as long as there is stock or they can get a vehicle, it's yours.

My 2013 was scooped from a dealer in Calgary who ordered it and agreed to release it even before it was built. I paid the same markup as I would've on a 2012 (try find one as of Sept in the GTA).

My broker has, at times, been able to get Odysseys @$400 over cost! My Toyotas have not been so aggressively priced though...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts