Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my 2021 Sienna XSE, but one thing it could really use is parking assist sensors. I understand this is standard on XLE and up in the US, but in Canada it's not available unless you go the XSE with the tech package or to the Limited. I didn't go for the tech package because it's about $5,000 and I didn't really want the other things in the package.

So . . . question is, could the parking assist sensors be retrofitted and integrated like they are on US model XLE/XSE?

Here's how it looks, seems like it's a pretty good system.

20210120_212131.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was annoyed when we ordered ours and was told it doesn't come with parking sensors. Same with fog lights. Only get them on limited, or pay $5500 for the tech package only on the xse. Wild.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't get the package too, but still want to have the packing sensors, not sure how much to add this on in dealer in canada.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's possible to add aftermarket parking sensors in any car, but I would much prefer the Toyota OEM system and how it's integrated into the multi-info display. I'm sure it would be possible to order and install the hardware, but would it then appear on the multi-info display? Ideally someone would try this and let us know if it works. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, i mean the OEM sensor system with integrated multi-info display. I have asked the salesman, but he did not know about it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be off-menu in Canada so I wouldn't expect dealers to have a ready answer for this. It may be possible or it may not.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I brought my Sienna to Canada from USA. It seems like the Road Sign Assist feature is not supported in Canada as well.
Interesting that TSSP does not include Road Sign Assist in Canada!

This is the Toyota USA page that mentions Road Sign Assist 2021 Toyota Sienna Features
The Canadian site does not mention this feature 2021 Sienna Features - Toyota Canada
Yeah I looked everywhere in all the settings wondering how I turn that on. Come to realize after it's not available to us in Canada like you said . Pretty annoying

·
Registered
97 Posts
So weird Canada vs USA model does this, while USA model All Weather Floor Liners don't include the 2nd row door sill pieces but Canada models do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
To confirm, the Canadian XLE doesn't even have the beeping sensors? Let alone the park assist)

Between the rubbish reversing camera, lack of parking sensors, and failure to include safety sense 2.5, I keep going back to waiting for the 2022 model or just getting the Carnival.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts