Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting in wheelchair, can't reach to pull down 2020 Sienna LE rear hatch.

Is there an "add on" to make rear hatch door automatic open/close or ?

Guess I could DRILL A HOLE and attach a pull down strap,etc?

·
Super Moderator
4,874 Posts
An LE van might not be the best choice for you given your situation. XLE comes with a motorized hatch, IIRC.

Straps can be problematic if they don't retract, as if it's mounted on the inside it will invariably end up pinched in the seal on closure. I have heard of aftermarket kits, but the Sienna system is a bit unique (different from the RAV4 and Highlander in architecture), so likely not as common. Perhaps the inner panel, motor and drive from a wrecking yard Sienna could be grafted in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmmm, will get reached stick with a book to go reach slightly inside recessed pull down handle...tried it several times, it tends to slip, but does work...liked xl e model, but all were nearly $4000+ !

·
Super Moderator
4,874 Posts
I'm getting a red flag for shared IP addresses. Why did you register again under a new name?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm, will get reached stick with a book to go reach slightly inside recessed pull down handle...tried it several times, it tends to slip, but does work...liked xl e model, but all were nearly $4000+ !
I was looking at this forum from a new Android tablet and mistakenly signed up there also..Guess'n I can delete that membership?

Mostly I come on-line with a PC..:-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts