Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I got my XLE AWD in 7/2019, I noticed the cargo/trunk is dimly lit by a tiny lamp on the side. Coming from a 2005 odyssey, where the cargo light is on the roof, I was shocked.
What was Toyota thinking. I found this on ebay
Toyota SIENNA 2011-2020 LED Light rear trunk cargo luggage Lamp super bright | eBay. About $80.
It did involved drilling a hole into the top roof panel and spliced into the existing side trunk lamp. Now I can see clearly thr cargo /trunk contents at night
Now there is an improved version that comes with its own panel just plug and play. About $120, way easier to install.
this one is in TAN or light gray do ask the seller

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
this is a video on the improved version
I think that is a very cool product although the existing light in the cargo area has seemed adequate. Does the switch on the existing light on the side panel also turn off the overhead light?

This product obviously doesn't work on the gen 3 Sienna Limited FWD like I have which has switches for the power 3rd row seats in its similar overhead panel. I didn't see anything about this in the eBay listing so I sent a message to the seller informing him of this and asking if there was a similar product that would fit my Sienna.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the 3rd gen have only one interior panel color scheme? Light gray on top and dark gray on bottom ?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
NIce..

Javvy

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wow, I'm in serious lust for that mod, but can't justify it. He sure makes the installation look easy; he's a bit hard to understand, though :) (And the fact that he apparently made the video in the pits at the Indianapolis 500 wouldn't have helped even if he were speaking English.) My worry would be that I'd break some bit of plastic that only cost, say, $500 to replace...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts