Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently picked up our 2021 Limited AWD with the spare tire option. I've mentioned in some other threads that I was planning to use the cargo tray to protect the area where the backmost area when the third row seats are up and the tri-fold cargo liner to protect the cargo area when the hitrd-row seats are down. Several people asked to see pictures, especially wrt whether the spare tire interferes (it does not). So I wanted to post them here in a new thread to make them easy to find.

The best price I found was at Toyota Online Parts | Genuine Toyota Parts | Toyota Parts Online which is associated with a dealership in Henrico County, VA. Here are the part numbers I ordered (I also got the roof rack cross-bars) and the prices:

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
PT278-08500​
Sien Crbr​
$93.67​
1​
$93.67​
PT206-08217​
Sien Cgtry Logo​
$82.88​
1​
$82.88​
PK241-08M01-TP​
Sien Cargo Liner​
$82.88​
1​
$82.88​

Below is a photo of the cargo tray installed. I'm impressed with the fit, it perfectly matches every ridge and angle and tucks underneath the mechanism in a few key places to keep it in place. It's not super heavy but seems very durable and I have no doubt it will keep the carpet of that space perfectly clean. It also looks like it could easily be hosed off so I wouldn't hesitate to put muddy shoes or gear in the space. As others have mentioned I wouldn't mind if it came further up the sides.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And finally a close-up of where the 2nd-row seats meet the tri-fold. They only limit the extremely long slide of the 2nd row seats by at most a couple of inches. It's still an extremely generous legroom, and of course you could always flip up that last section of the tri-fold if Shaquille O'Neal were your 2nd row passenger.

All in all I'm very pleased with both purchases and feeling better about my chances of talking my wife into letting me put my tools and various boxes into the back of the new van :)

Please let me know if there are any other views that would be useful or if you have any questions about these accessories or our purchase experience!

·
Registered
Ordered 2021 Sienna Platinum; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
27 Posts
@jbsjbs - Thank you for posting these great photos!

Both of these look great !

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@jbsjbs - Thank you for posting these great photos!

Both of these look great !
Glad they were useful! Between the all-weather mats and these I feel very good about keeping the interior in good shape. Since this car is replacing a 2005 Honda Odyssey for us longevity is important. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Folks, RandyB here. Thanks to JBS. These are great photos. Someone has to be a pathfinder....so thanks again. Few questions: The trifold mats look more like floor liners than a kind of ridged cover (like a tonneau cover for a pickup) Is this right? again, I am thinking about the stowed 3rd row seats popping up when we hit bumps. Second, the second row seats look like they are fully forward...if so, how does it work when the second row seats are moved to the back (does the tri fold fit underneath the second row seats)? Can we get to the anchors if the trifold is fully flat (we may need to anchor ebikes to the floor. Again, you all have been great and we appreciate your insights!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great photos. Thank you for posting. With respect to the parts center you were using. Two questions.

First. I could not find the 2021 Sienna on their web page. How did you determine what is applicable to the 2021?

Secondly. Specifically the cross bars you list. Are the specific for a 2021?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Folks, RandyB here. Thanks to JBS. These are great photos. Someone has to be a pathfinder....so thanks again. Few questions: The trifold mats look more like floor liners than a kind of ridged cover (like a tonneau cover for a pickup) Is this right? again, I am thinking about the stowed 3rd row seats popping up when we hit bumps. Second, the second row seats look like they are fully forward...if so, how does it work when the second row seats are moved to the back (does the tri fold fit underneath the second row seats)? Can we get to the anchors if the trifold is fully flat (we may need to anchor ebikes to the floor. Again, you all have been great and we appreciate your insights!
Definitely lighter weight than a tonneau cover. I'd say the whole thing weighs no more than a few pounds. So while I think it's sturdy enough to protect the interior it's not bulky/weighty enough to hold the seats down on its own. That said I expect it to help somewhat with that problem in that it's something on the top of the seat and it will at least create a smoother/more continuous surface. But no, it's not as heavy as I was hoping in that regard.

Second, I think I mentioned in one of the blurbs above but to clarify those 2nd row seats are almost all the way back. The trifold cover only covers the rearmost inch or two of the 2nd row seat tracks so you can still get an enormous amount of leg room with the cover in place. The forward edge of the tri-fold is continuous, no notches, so the seat cannot move back over it. But the trifold cover comes up to meet the all-weather mats so you do end up with complete/continuous coverage if you us both.

I'm not sure which anchors you're referring to with regards to anchoring the e-bikes. Can you elaborate?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great photos. Thank you for posting. With respect to the parts center you were using. Two questions.

First. I could not find the 2021 Sienna on their web page. How did you determine what is applicable to the 2021?

Secondly. Specifically the cross bars you list. Are the specific for a 2021?
That website I linked to comes from a company called RevolutionParts which appears to offer an online ecommerce backend to various car dealers. As a result I think all the dealers who are using their sites have the same metadata available and it seems that they haven't yet updated the Sienna line with the 2021s. I noticed the same thing everywhere, including the corporate parts site Toyota Parts Center Online | Genuine Parts & Accessories which currently lacks a 2021 year button!!

I gathered those part numbers from internet research and then called a couple of local Toyota dealers looking for the parts by description and when they didn't have them in stock asking for the part numbers. All confirmed the same numbers and I can confirm at least for the liner and tray they are correct (have not yet opened the cross-bars).

I do believe the cross-bars are specific to the 2021 because when I search cross bars on the 2020 Sienna I get a different part number, PT278-08170:

which specifies that it fits Siennas from 2016-2020.

The listing for the part number I purchased (PT278-08500) is sparse (presumably because they just added it:

·
Registered
91 Posts
And here's a view of where the tri-fold liner meets the spare tire compartment. No issues at all:
View attachment 48469
And on the opposite side. You can see at the top of this picture that the tri-fold liner meets and slightly overlaps the all-weather mats so you get continuous protection:
View attachment 48470
And on the opposite side. You can see at the top of this picture that the tri-fold liner meets and slightly overlaps the all-weather mats so you get continuous protection:
View attachment 48470
I believe that the part number for the cargo liner without the spare tire is PT206-08216. Did you compare these with the WeatherTech liners? The fact that this cargo liner will fold up is an advantage when you put the 3rd row seats up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe that the part number for the cargo liner without the spare tire is PT206-08216. Did you compare these with the WeatherTech liners? The fact that this cargo liner will fold up is an advantage when you put the 3rd row seats up.
Oh that's interesting and you've helped resolve another mystery for me, thanks! To be clear, the question I'd gotten earlier was whether the tri-fold liner is the same with and without the spare which it seems to be but I hadn't considered whether the cargo tray is. The only picture I can find of the PT206-08216 conveniently covers up most of the parts where the tray meets the body :) but from what I can see it looks identical on the driver's side but very different on the passenger side:

The mystery I referred to is where is the jack for the spare tire? And seeing the distinction between the passenger side of the cargo tray with and without the spare tire it became clear that the gray piece pointed out in the right side image above is removable and that the jack is underneath there.

So I'd definitely concur that the cargo trays are different with and without the spare. And my thanks for finding my jack! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice pictures and this is super helpful. Could you also let me know if the tri-fold one can be kept in place when the 3rd seat is up? If you can take a picture that would be even better. I will definitely get the tray liner but I'm still debating on the tri-fold liner. I will probably have the seat up most of the time for a setup for 5 passengers. I may put one side down, so one piece may not be ideal for me, but I would still want to know what are my options. thx!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice pictures and this is super helpful. Could you also let me know if the tri-fold one can be kept in place when the 3rd seat is up? If you can take a picture that would be even better. I will definitely get the tray liner but I'm still debating on the tri-fold liner. I will probably have the seat up most of the time for a setup for 5 passengers. I may put one side down, so one piece may not be ideal for me, but I would still want to know what are my options. thx!
You can fold the tri-fold up and lay it in the cargo tray when the 3rd row seats are in use but there wouldn't really be any place to keep it out. It would be too wide to fit in the space in front of the seats in the picture below.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great info everyone. I think for me, the confusion is not with the trifold since it fits whether or not you have a spare.....The confusion seems to be with the cargo tray in the very rear of the vehicle which would be behind the third row seats and used if they are in a upward position. If you are looking at how the tray liner fits on the spare tire side for vehicles that come with a spare tire it fits fine. However, if the vehicle doesn't come with a spare tire (and only the repair kit), then there is no jack compartment on the right hand side and therefore the floor liner is a different cut on the right hand side. And that is where the misfit is if you order a mat for a vehicle that has a spare and it really doesn't. Make sense? Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks to all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts