Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many have expressed interest (frustrations) in changing certain customizations settings on their Siennas without involvement with the dealer. Checkout www.caristaapp.com for more details. Currently the Gen 4 2021 Sienna is not a listed supported vehicle, so I plugged in my Carista OBD2 tool and read what is currently supported on Gen 4 below. When Gen 4 is explicitly supported there will be more customizations available.

The following settings are from my Platinum AWD, your model may have a few less (e.g. rain sensing wipers/HUD display) using Carista:

Chassis & Engine

Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
ON / OFF

Engine Sound Enhancement (ESE)
ON / OFF

Dings & Warnings

Seat belt warning ding (driver)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Seat belt warning ding (front passenger)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Seat belt warninig ding (rear right passenger)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Seat belt warninig ding (rear left passenger)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Seat belt warninig ding (rear center passenger)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Driver Assist

Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the PCS switch is turned off and back on
NORMAL / REMEMBER LAST DISTANCE

Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the ignition is turned on with the PCS switch off

Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the ignition is turned on with the PCS switch on

Instruments: Displays & Nav

Display odometer after ignition is turned off for…
30 SECONDS / 1 MINUTE / 10 MINUTES / OFF

Instruments: Heads-Up Display (HUD)

Image distortion in heads-up display (HUD)
CONCAVE HIGH / CONCAVE MEDIUM / CONCAVE LOW / DEFAULT / CONVEX LOW / CONVEX MEDIUM / CONVEX HIGH

Lights: Exterior

Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count
OFF / 3 FLASHES / 4 FLASHES / 5 FLASHES / 6 FLASHES / 7 FLASHES

Turn signal click volume
LOW / MEDIUM / HIGH

Parking Sensors

Parking sensor beep volume
LOW / MEDIUM / HIGH

Rear center parking sensor range
SHORT / LONG

Seats & Steering Wheel

Easy entry/exit
DISABLED / RETRACT STEERING WHEEL FOR EASY ENTRY/EXIT / TILT AWAY STEERING WHEEL FOR EASY ENTRY/EXIT / RETRACT AND TILT AWAY STEERING WHEEL FOR EASY ENTRY/EXIT

Trunk

Rear hatch open assistance
ENABLED / DISABLED

Rear hatch max open level
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / USER-SPECIFIED

Unlock via "One motion"
REAR HATCH ONLY / ALL DOORS

Open rear hatch via "One motion" remote
DISABLED / SINGLE CLICK / DOUBLE CLICK / LONG PRESS / DOUBLE CLICK ON UNLOCK BUTTON / LONG PRESS ON UNLOCK BUTTON

Open/close power rear hatch via interior switch
ENABLED / DISABLED

Open/close power rear hatch via interior switch (click type)
SINGLE CLICK / LONG PRESS

Beep while opening/closing power rear hatch
YES / NO

Beep volume while opening/closing power rear hatch
LOW / MEDIUM / HIGH

Windows & Sunroof

Open driver's window using single button press
YES / NO

Close driver's window using single button press
YES / NO

Open passenger's window using single button press
YES / NO

Close passenger's window using single button press
YES / NO

Rear-left window single-touch-close
YES / NO

YES / NO

Rear-right window single-touch-close
YES / NO

YES / NO

Passenger window single-touch-open from driver's switch
YES / NO

Passenger window single-touch-close from driver's switch
YES / NO

Rear-left window single-touch-open from driver's switch
YES / NO

Rear-left window single-touch-close from driver's switch
YES / NO

Rear-right window single-touch-open from driver's switch
YES / NO

Rear-right window single-touch-close from driver's switch
YES / NO

Wipers & Washer

Automatic wipers (using rain sensor)
YES / NO

Obtained with Carista 5.5.1 for iOS.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
560 Posts
@mnmpizza this solves your ghost seat belt issue if nothing else works. I forget what Carista costs but i think if you buy the adapter for like 30 or 40 bux you get a 1 month trial of the app that you would use to customize/change features.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You don't have to buy their adapter. It works with a generic ELM327 Bluetooth adapter. You can do a trial and see what customizations are available before you buy. Unfortunately the number of available customizations for Toyota seems quite limited compared to some other makes like VW. What I really would have liked to see is a way to disable the cold weather chime and fast flashing when using aftermarket LED rear turn signals, but that doesn't look like it's going to be possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please try turning engine sound enhancement (ese) off and let us know if the engine noise on acceleration is reduced.
Someone posted on FB, that ESE uses the vehicle speakers to make the engine seem louder. Crazy. Why would Toyota do that?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Please try turning engine sound enhancement (ese) off and let us know if the engine noise on acceleration is reduced.
Someone posted on FB, that ESE uses the vehicle speakers to make the engine seem louder. Crazy. Why would Toyota do that?
Maybe in sports mode to psych you into thinking you are driving a $100k plus sports car? Some like the purrrrr...lol. Me, I am in a hybrid and want it to sound like a quiet hybrid.

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
158 Posts
You don't have to buy their adapter. It works with a generic ELM327 Bluetooth adapter. You can do a trial and see what customizations are available before you buy. Unfortunately the number of available customizations for Toyota seems quite limited compared to some other makes like VW. What I really would have liked to see is a way to disable the cold weather chime and fast flashing when using aftermarket LED rear turn signals, but that doesn't look like it's going to be possible.
Standard ELM327 plus Torque will do all that? I will try that on 3rd gen Sienna this weekend, don't have 4th gen in hands just yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read the same FB thread. From what they said, turning on the active noise cancellation(ANC) and turning off the Engine sound enhancement (ESE) made a big difference. I have a 21 xse w/jbl audio and I used a Carista adapter, I do not have an option for either of these changes. It must only be on higher models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
552 Posts
I read the same FB thread. From what they said, turning on the active noise cancellation(ANC) and turning off the Engine sound enhancement (ESE) made a big difference. I have a 21 xse w/jbl audio and I used a Carista adapter, I do not have an option for either of these changes. It must only be on higher models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to @Dimitrij at his most recent service, the Toyota tech indicated it is only on highest trims (Platinum, maybe Limited).

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
According to @Dimitrij at his most recent service, the Toyota tech indicated it is only on highest trims (Platinum, maybe Limited).
If the dealership is correct, we may be witnessing an interesting phenomenon: When the premium we pay for a higher trim saddles us with blatantly useless features that are hard to get rid off.

This is by no means a new phenomenon. It was mentioned in the immortal musical Fiddler on the Roof, where Tevye the Milkman is describing a top of the range house with no fewer than three staircases: one going up, the other (the longer one) going down, and the third one going nowhere, "just for show".

·
Registered
552 Posts
If the dealership is correct, we may be witnessing an interesting phenomenon: When the premium we pay for a higher trim saddles us with blatantly useless features that are hard to get rid off.

This is by no means a new phenomenon. It was described in the immortal musical Fiddler on the Roof, where Tevye the Milkman is describing a platinum trim house with no fewer than three staircases: one going up, the other (the longer one) going down, and the third one going nowhere, "just for show".
Well, we only think it is “useless” based off of one person on Facebook saying so. Unless I missed others confirming this makes any kind of difference.

I have a Platinum and have 0 complaints about the noise level. I frequently ride with the sound system off (after dropping kids at school, need some peace and quiet), and I have a hard time believing that engine noise is being pumped into the cabin. If so it is the most imperceptible engine noise enhancement system on the planet. The Sienna is quieter than either of our previous two Priuses and light years quieter than either my 06 or 17 Tundra. I owned a BMW with active sound enhancement - very noticeable. That car was also much louder overall than the Sienna.

I would be tempted to buy Carista if I thought it was an issue — or even noticeable.

By the way, love the Fiddler on the Roof reference. First stage production I ever saw live.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As BearInStPete did above for a Platinum, here are the options available for a Limited AWD:

Dings & Warnings

Seat belt warning ding (driver)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Seat belt warning ding (front passenger)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Seat belt warning ding (rear right passenger)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Seat belt warning ding (rear left passenger)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Seat belt warning ding (rear center passenger)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Driver Assist

Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the PCS switch is turned off and back on

Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the ignition is turned on with the PCS switch off

Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the ignition is turned on with the PCS switch on

Instruments: Displays & Nav

Display odometer after ignition is turned off for…
30 SECONDS / 1 MINUTE / 10 MINUTES / OFF

Microphone sensitivity

Lights: Exterior

Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count
OFF / 3 FLASHES / 4 FLASHES / 5 FLASHES / 6 FLASHES / 7 FLASHES

Turn signal click volume
LOW / MEDIUM / HIGH

Lights: Interior

Turn on interior lights when you shut off engine
YES / NO

Parking Sensors

Parking sensor beep volume
LOW / MEDIUM / HIGH

Front corner parking sensor range
SHORT / LONG

Rear center parking sensor range
SHORT / LONG

Seats & Steering Wheel

Easy entry/exit
DISABLED / RETRACT STEERING WHEEL FOR EASY ENTRY/EXIT / TILT AWAY STEERING WHEEL FOR EASY ENTRY/EXIT / RETRACT AND TILT AWAY STEERING WHEEL FOR EASY ENTRY/EXIT

Trunk

Rear hatch open assistance
ENABLED / DISABLED

Rear hatch max open level
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / USER-SPECIFIED

Unlock via "One motion"
REAR HATCH ONLY / ALL DOORS

DISABLED / SINGLE CLICK / DOUBLE CLICK / LONG PRESS / DOUBLE CLICK ON UNLOCK BUTTON / LONG PRESS ON UNLOCK BUTTON

Open/close power rear hatch via interior switch
ENABLED / DISABLED

Open/close power rear hatch via interior switch (click type)
SINGLE CLICK / LONG PRESS

Beep while opening/closing power rear hatch
YES / NO

Beep volume while opening/closing power rear hatch
LOW / MEDIUM / HIGH

Windows & Sunroof

Open windows and sunroof via long-press on remote
ON / OFF

Open windows and sunroof by turning and holding key in door lock
ON / OFF

Close windows and sunroof by turning and holding key in door lock
ON / OFF

Open driver's window using single button press
YES / NO

Close driver's window using single button press
YES / NO

Open passenger's window using single button press
YES / NO

Close passenger's window using single button press
YES / NO

YES / NO

YES / NO

YES / NO

YES / NO

Passenger window single-touch-open from driver's switch
YES / NO

Passenger window single-touch-close from driver's switch
YES / NO

Rear-left window single-touch-open from driver's switch
YES / NO

Rear-left window single-touch-close from driver's switch
YES / NO

Rear-right window single-touch-open from driver's switch
YES / NO

Rear-right window single-touch-close from driver's switch
YES / NO

Obtained with Carista 6.3.3 for iOS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tried to change the following to SINGLE CLICK from LONG PRESS ON UNLOCK BUTTON (default) thinking it would allow the rear hatch to open as such, but this made it so the sliding doors and the rear hatch inoperable with the remote.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello. Here is what i see for a 2021 XLE AWD (Canada) as of the posting date.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm using the beta version of the app and it looks like they just released some new customizations in there. There is one that I had been waiting for which is a calibration feature for the ambient temperature level. It's possible to adjust this now +/- 1, 2 and 3 degrees. My temperature readings have been 2-3 degrees off so this is very welcome. There may be some other new features in beta but none that I would care about. Still waiting for the ability to turn off the "roads may be icy" alert!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts