Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m trying to consider the best place to mount a usb extension.

Has anyone removed the center dash area on 2012 style sienna to cut and mount a usb extension? If so, do you have a guide or tips?

or better opinions of where to place plug?

I’m also thinking of running down and under everything and coming up middle console to keep wires from draping across up front.

I bought 2 styles, but will be returning 1.

Thank You!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I recently put in the exact same USB's next to the location of the factory USB's along with an HDMI connector, similar to these USB's
You can see Post# 716 the picture here. Installing it in that location would require you to remove the center console anyways so if you plan to route the cables to the middle, it would be very easy as well. Once the console and other trim from the center is out of the way, there is plenty of space to route the cable.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I removed the upper cigarette lighter socket and replaced with the USB socket you mention, fits perfectly

·
Registered
22 Posts
I helped a friend install one just below his front cigarette lighter in that small cuby below it. Another place depending on what your using it for is next to your fog light switch if you have one. Same friend uses one so he can have his phone on his windshield charging at the same time. Just some ideas
He has a 13 XLE

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you search for a port retention adapter they make an adapter that retains the stock USB port. This is what I have used. Then you can use the existing USB port on the dash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently put in the exact same USB's next to the location of the factory USB's along with an HDMI connector, similar to these USB's
You can see Post# 716 the picture here. Installing it in that location would require you to remove the center console anyways so if you plan to route the cables to the middle, it would be very easy as well. Once the console and other trim from the center is out of the way, there is plenty of space to route the cable.
How do I remove that storage tray in front of the center console? Can I just pull up on it after removing the center console or is there some screw or pin holding it down.

·
Registered
401 Posts
How do I remove that storage tray in front of the center console? Can I just pull up on it after removing the center console or is there some screw or pin holding it down.
After you remove the center console as seen here.... Sienna Center Console Removal, you will need to remove the pieces in the following order:
  1. Center console
  2. Floor tray (2 -pieces)
  3. Side covers (independent on each side)
  4. Center plastic trim with the USB
They are all locked by plastic clips which either interlock two trim pieces or removable plastic ones. With some patience, they will all come off. When removing the final piece (#4), unhook the USB & cigaratte connector before completely pulling it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts