Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 Limited was totaled in an accident. 140k miles, the only problem I had was a slight AC leak- had to add R134 once a year.
For the curious, the insurance settlement came to about $13500+tax.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Was accident your fault or other driver?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Haha...A guy similarly rear ended my Sienna, and then fraudulently reported to our insurance company (Allstate) that I backed into him while waiting for a red light at a major intersection. It took 6 months of frustration and an arbitration hearing for me to win the case. Liars will always report "fake news" because they can.

While my damage was nearly identical to what you see in the pic, it cost under $2K to repair at the Toyota dealership. I can only assume that genka's Sienna has a bent frame to be totalled.

My insurance company cut me a check for $350 after the arbitration. I would gladly return the money to get my 6 months back.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other driver's insurance accepted responsibility without giving me any troubles. I had a dashcam, which showed what happened in front of our van, I didn't even mention it to the insurance. The damage itself looked totally repairable at the first glance, but later I noticed that the left sliding door was binding and the right one was out of alignment. I'm glad that the van is written off, I couldn't have trust in it after a frame damage. When metal parts stretch they can't be "unstretched".

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, that's kind of a story. I had an accident with Honda, that I rented for one day. Like in your case, that son of a gun reported to my insurance company, that I was the one, who backed him. I had One Day car insurance. (If you're interested about what it is - here's the article about it - https://www.cheapautoinsurance.com/article/what-one-day-24-hour-car-insurance ). But, in my case it was easyer and faster for me to proove that he's a fraud, thanks to my dashcam.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, that's kind of a story. I had an accident with Honda, that I rented for one day. Like in your case, that son of a gun reported to my insurance company, that I was the one, who backed him. I had One Day car insurance. (If you're interested about what it is - here's the article about it - https://www.cheapautoinsurance.com/article/what-one-day-24-hour-car-insurance ). But, in my case it was easyer and faster for me to proove that he's a fraud, thanks to my dashcam.
thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts