Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler estimates up to 30 miles electric range: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2016/11/15/pacifica-st-plug-hybrid-minivan/93843380/

I doubt it will get that many miles on the battery, but this is still a very interesting product. I sincerely hope Toyota will get off its duff and offer a similar product in the next gen Sienna. There's no excuse for Toyota having taken this long - they already offer the Highlander in hybrid form, and it rides on the same basic chassis as the Sienna. C'mon Toyota, step up your game!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Toyota already makes hybrid minivans, they just don't sell them in the US. I think they were actually the first company to produce one. In 9 more years you'll be able to import the first Estima hybrid here without any restrictions!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Chrysler estimates up to 30 miles electric range: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2016/11/15/pacifica-st-plug-hybrid-minivan/93843380/

I doubt it will get that many miles on the battery, but this is still a very interesting product. I sincerely hope Toyota will get off its duff and offer a similar product in the next gen Sienna. There's no excuse for Toyota having taken this long - they already offer the Highlander in hybrid form, and it rides on the same basic chassis as the Sienna. C'mon Toyota, step up your game!
Absolutely agree! I have been yelling to the heavens for Toyota to introduce a Sienna hybrid for years! No excuse why the company that established the Green movement with the Prius hasn't shoe-horned their Synergy Drive system into the Sienna. It is an embarrassment that Toyota let Chrysler beat them to market (in the U.S.) with a hybrid.

It is hard enough to hit the EPA MPG estimates, hybrid power would benefit these heavy vans most. We recently sold our 07 Sienna for an 06 Lexus LS430 and even the 4.3L V8 is getting better fuel economy than the Sienna 3.5L!

·
Registered
100 Posts
My only concern is where the battery pack is...and how much room it takes away from the interior/cargo. Minivan has always been about practicality...taking away that for hybrid system sucks. In the Pacifica, it took away the Stow-n-Go point of existence! So, now, those uncomfortable thin seats cannot be stowed! At least before, you put up with horrible seats because it can be stowed easily.

With gas prices low (at least in USA), i am not sure if there is a market for this.............and when optioned out, a Limited Premium is near $50,000. How much $$ will hybrid add??!!

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD Premium
8 Posts
Don't worry, hybrid is coming. ?

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD Premium
8 Posts
Oh yeah, real hybrid. Not plug in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts