Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had bought some metal 3" steel coil spring spacers , One end was perfect fit the other end needed to have another ring welded to it also there was not enough seating area for coil spring so I had a guy water jet cut a couple of "washers" and welded them on. 3" is too much so we cut them down to 2" and the 1" that was cut off was welded on to be a inside guide to keep things in place . Maybe the pics will show that. But man what a difference in ride and ground clearance also installed the strut plus while doing this now it is like a new van, new AT tires and a fun road trip . Went to an old friends shop he is a bus mechanic and state inspector so all work is done properly There is a before pic ..taken along the way to his shop and a return pic after installed. lot of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update..... It has been 5k miles later and another road trip gone, but getting ready for another in Oct. All I can say is I wish I had done this when I first got the sienna. What a difference in ride and cargo capacity. My hitch does not scrape any driveways now at all. The ride is not harsh but then I do have 3 AGM batteries in the third seat well and extra weight such as a generator and 5 gal jerry can mounted

1 - 2 of 2 Posts