Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were really wanting to purchase the Platinum model...primarily to get the birds eye view camera to assist with parking. (We have owned a 2011 Sienna since new, and it is hard to park without dragging that low front end on curbs.) We were disappointed to see there is only one available interior color for that model - a brown color, which has been matched up with dark grey seat trim, floors, and headliner, and cream colored upper door panels. To us, it looked like an interior pieced together from different cars at a junk yard. For a car priced above $50k, there should be at least two color choices, and they should coordinate better with the trim. Don’t care too much for the available exterior colors either. Who wants a leprechaun green car? Does the Platinum interior strike anyone else the same way?

·
Registered
240 Posts
The green on the configurator seems really off. Here is one photographed at a dealer, not too bad for a green.

I would agree the higher trims should have more color options (like a black or charcoal leather interior).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Man Toyota made a lot of bizarre choices with the 2021 model. I was so excited about it for a year and now I will be waiting for the 2022 Sedona. Really disappointing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We were really wanting to purchase the Platinum model...primarily to get the birds eye view camera to assist with parking. (We have owned a 2011 Sienna since new, and it is hard to park without dragging that low front end on curbs.) We were disappointed to see there is only one available interior color for that model - a brown color, which has been matched up with dark grey seat trim, floors, and headliner, and cream colored upper door panels. To us, it looked like an interior pieced together from different cars at a junk yard. For a car priced above $50k, there should be at least two color choices, and they should coordinate better with the trim. Don’t care too much for the available exterior colors either. Who wants a leprechaun green car? Does the Platinum interior strike anyone else the same way?
I've been staring at interior photos - looks like PLT gets brown seats, with 3 shades of gray for interior panels? Dark gray, light gray/off white, and medium gray?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What would be your preference for color combinations? We saw a video of the green in action and really like it esp. paired with a dark brown interior. :

·
Registered
28 Posts
I too am disappointed that only brown is offered in the platinum model. Wife and I much prefer lighter leathers (the whitish color she had in her civic touring was nice). Gray would be fine too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What would be your preference for color combinations? We saw a video of the green in action and really like it esp. paired with a dark brown interior. :
Our 2011 Sienna is a “Cypress Green“ with a sand beige interior, which are both much more pleasing to my eye. Honda has a similar green.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been staring at interior photos - looks like PLT gets brown seats, with 3 shades of gray for interior panels? Dark gray, light gray/off white, and medium gray?
Looks to me like the upper door panels on most models and seat colors are all a light cream color. The only interior that looks color-coordinated to my eye is the light gray interior because it goes with the dark dray lower panels, and the light cream colored upper door panels and headliner. We are probably going to step down to the Limited just because we don‘t think we could stand the mis-coordinated interior colors in the Platinum for 10 years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks to me like the upper door panels on most models and seat colors are all a light cream color. The only interior that looks color-coordinated to my eye is the light gray interior because it goes with the dark dray lower panels, and the light cream colored upper door panels and headliner. We are probably going to step down to the Limited just because we don‘t think we could stand the mis-coordinated interior colors in the Platinum for 10 years.

this color? Seems like grey to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe the 2020 Sienna also was only offered in the brown interior colour for the top trim. What I really want is a black interior but for some reason black was only offered on the 3rd gen SE trim. For the 2021 model it's only on the XSE trim. Why would Toyota do this? The Odyssey Elite comes with a choice of a black interior...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find this baffling myself. Chrysler has done the same thing with their top "Pinnacle" trim. It's a caramel light brown color. And if you don't like it, well then too bad, get a lower trim. I just don't get it.

I'm not a fan of the color scheme inside the new Sienna Platinum myself (I prefer gray leather). But I can look past it, because after having a Sedona SXL for 3 years, I grew quite fond of the 360 view (called "bird's eye" by Toyota), and I just won't go without it anymore on my main vehicle. It's also a shame Toyota doesn't offer bird's eye on anything but the Platinum, not even as a paid add-on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not a fan of their color choice for the platinum either. I believe the top to the line 50k vehicle should have much more options that would justify the cost. And the brown panels for the trim are the same ones in the LE which cost 20k cheaper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I find this baffling myself. Chrysler has done the same thing with their top "Pinnacle" trim. It's a caramel light brown color. And if you don't like it, well then too bad, get a lower trim. I just don't get it.

I'm not a fan of the color scheme inside the new Sienna Platinum myself (I prefer gray leather). But I can look past it, because after having a Sedona SXL for 3 years, I grew quite fond of the 360 view (called "bird's eye" by Toyota), and I just won't go without it anymore on my main vehicle. It's also a shame Toyota doesn't offer bird's eye on anything but the Platinum, not even as a paid add-on.
I agree on the birds-eye camera. It should be offered as an option on at least the Limited. I suspect it’s just side mirrors with cameras, a front camera, and some software. My son has this option on his Ford F-150, and he uses it all the time to park.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree on the birds-eye camera. It should be offered as an option on at least the Limited. I suspect it’s just side mirrors with cameras, a front camera, and some software. My son has this option on his Ford F-150, and he uses it all the time to park.
Agree. Although I guess we shouldn't complain too much since I don't believe it's even offered in the Odyssey.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes. Looks grey in that pic probably because it was taken on a cloudy day. Anyway, colors are a personal preference. I realize some people may like brighter colors.
Yea good point. One color may be perfect for one person and crappy for another. Sorry they don’t have your preferences! Maybe in the 2022s?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts