Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone other than me cares but I contacted console vault and they said they have finished their testing for the sienna. The console vaults should be on there website in the next 4-6 weeks. I have had these in my other vehicals and are worth every penny to me, looks to be just sub $300 if anyone is interested.

I have have no affiliation with the company, just giving a heads up for the people who like to mod or the people looking for extra security.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How do these vaults attach within the center console? Do you have the dimensions? Are they opened via key or PIN code?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the time the bolt in with the factory bolts locations (at least in the past they did), or you assemble them in place to where they are wedged in there. I know they do a variety of test to pry them open and other things before they go to the market. As for the lock you get to pick, a key, 3 digit combo, or the new 4 digit combo (looks to cost more for this one). I will be getting the 4 digit combo this time but thats me, I don't need another key to keep track of. You set the code to what ever you like.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update, I received my console vault today and install was a breeze. There a couple of self taping screws and the lid that holes it in place, the door is smaller than I expected but I can live with it. The opening is 6 1/4"(3/8ish) by 4 1/2"sh, big enough to fit an iPad mini.

IMG_0890.jpg i

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my console vault for the past two years or so. I purchased it from consolevault.com. The lid opening on the outside is 5"x6-1/4". However, once you open the vault you'll see a lip running along the front edge that the lid closes on. This lip is supposed to prevent someone from prying the lid open with a screw driver. Due to this lip, the actual opening inside the vault is 4-1/4"x6-1/4". Once you get past the small opening the interior of the vault is almost as spacious as the interior of the Sienna console vault. There have been one or two times when the opening wasn't big enough but it is adequate for the majority of items I place in the vault and therefore the benefits of a secure lockable metal vault outweigh the small opening size.

The locking vault has been one of the best investments I've ever made for my Sienna. I keep all my valuables in there including an envelope full of emergency cash and a spare ignition key. You never know when you'll need some extra money. Keeping the expensive bulky ignition key in the vault allows me to keep an inexpensive flat outside door key in my wallet in case I get locked out. I can use the flat key to open the locked door and the bulky ignition key to drive the vehicle. Also, it's an always available valet key when you have to leave the vehicle with someone. I keep things I wouldn't mind getting stolen in the two dashboard glove boxes.

Regardless of which brand console vault you purchase, I recommend you get either the three or four digit combination lock as opposed to the key lock. There is not much room between the top of the console vault and the bottom of the Sienna console lid. The combination lock allows you to close the vault lid regardless of whether it's locked or unlocked and then to also close the Sienna console lid. I don't know if you can close the unlocked keyed console vault lid and remove the key while the vault remains unlocked. If you can't then you can't close the Sienna console lid because the key will be in the way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the info, also think worthy to have items lock-up and protect access from kids.
5 x 6 3/4 number is from Lock'er Down CS, so actual inside access might be smaller too.

Noted on lock type, combo it is. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
First lock was 90degree off, LD sent replacement right away, installed. It stick up tiny bit so have to press down to close plastic cover, otherwise 5-10min quick install.

Wish it got side panels so I can also add magnets there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, All.

I just got mine delivered and here's what it looks like. The website is terrible for getting a visualization of the actual product so i thought I'd provide a little more info.

I was a bit surprised that the entire vault isn't enclosed,but then again I don't really see a way that a fully sealed vault could be manipulated into place in the stock console. The Lockerdown version looks like it might be fully sealed, but they only give one view of the product so it is difficult to tell.

Overall, the Consolevault product is good enough for my philosophy-of-use, but a full enclosure would delay access a bit longer because you can theoretically cut through the plastic front fascia of the factory console to defeat the Consolevault version. Regardless of which vault you're considering though, safes can only discourage or delay theft. If the Lockerdown version is truly enclosed I would consider it the better option and not very much more expensive than the Consolevault version.

On a side note: I am not initially impressed by Consolevault as a company. I submitted a question through their website's "Contact Us" application and never received a reply. Their website also has several broken links to videos (which they would have been alerted to if they read my email) but they don't seem concerned about fixing them. Conversely, they DID deliver my vault really quickly...but also without any kind of, "Thank you for buying [essentially half a vault] from us" letter.

Final verdict: It will do the job if you don't intend to store valuables overnight or in a remote location, but (Look at me when I tell you this)...

You can do better. :p

Here is the Lockerdown Version (according to their website)

·
Registered
3 Posts
What keeps someone from just grabbing the whole center console and opening it at their leisure?

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yep! That is one possibility. A thief would have to be prepared with the right tools and a high degree of confidence that they wouldn't get caught ripping the console out of the vehicle though. Well, either that or be fueled by a combination of roid-rage and PCP. On a long enough timeline anything can be broken into; you're really just making it very inconvenient for potential thieves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, All.

I just got mine delivered and here's what it looks like. The website is terrible for getting a visualization of the actual product so i thought I'd provide a little more info.

I was a bit surprised that the entire vault isn't enclosed,but then again I don't really see a way that a fully sealed vault could be manipulated into place in the stock console. The Lockerdown version looks like it might be fully sealed, but they only give one view of the product so it is difficult to tell.

Overall, the Consolevault product is good enough for my philosophy-of-use, but a full enclosure would delay access a bit longer because you can theoretically cut through the plastic front fascia of the factory console to defeat the Consolevault version. Regardless of which vault you're considering though, safes can only discourage or delay theft. If the Lockerdown version is truly enclosed I would consider it the better option and not very much more expensive than the Consolevault version.

On a side note: I am not initially impressed by Consolevault as a company. I submitted a question through their website's "Contact Us" application and never received a reply. Their website also has several broken links to videos (which they would have been alerted to if they read my email) but they don't seem concerned about fixing them. Conversely, they DID deliver my vault really quickly...but also without any kind of, "Thank you for buying [essentially half a vault] from us" letter.

Final verdict: It will do the job if you don't intend to store valuables overnight or in a remote location, but (Look at me when I tell you this)...

You can do better. :p

View attachment 44781 . View attachment 44782 . View attachment 44783 . View attachment 44784 . View attachment 44785 ...
Here is the Lockerdown Version (according to their website)
View attachment 44786
EDIT
Upon closer inspection the Lockerdown version does not appear to be fully enclosed either. It is open on either side of the safe whereas the Console Vault version is open only at the front. Just FYI...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts