Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had problem with noise and the belts coming apart on my 2005 Sienna. Independent garage replaced the A/C compressor which was coming apart. Repair totaled $1200. They also found the crankshaft pulley coming apart as described in the recall notice. I did this before getting the recall notice. I'm wondering if it all could have been caused by the defective pulley?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the Crankshaft Pulley replaced last December. And I paid about $600. The VIN of my Toyota Sienna 2004 was not included in the recall. They said it could be possible the recall be extended to another set of VINs
Any news on that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know the mark on the pulley that designates which are good or bad? I took the passenger side tire of my vehicle, the little shield, and looked at the pulley and it looks and feels fine. I copied all the numbers and markings on the pulley and really hate to take the day to have the car inspected. Any help is appreciated. By the way Toyota this will save you money as the dealer will not charge you for the checking and replacement if it is not necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The marking on the pulley is on the inside facing the timing belt.
See the attached pdf for picture on how to determine if crankshaft pulley is faulty.

So I experienced this issue on my 2005 Toyota Sienna LE, but my VIN is not listed as part of the recall.
I called the local dealer and they were no help, called Toyota Customer Service and filed a complaint and received a case #, spoke to the first representative and no help. I asked to attach photos of the pulley and damage to the vehicle outlined on she said it was not necessary. Went onto the NHTSA site to file a Vehicle Safety Complaint for an existing recall stating more VIN numbers were effected than stated on the report, https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/.

My vehicle was manufactured in April 2005 with VIN range ZA23C X5S32

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here are some additional photos of the damage from the failed crankshaft pulley on my 2005 Toyota Sienna which is not on the recall list.
Hope this helps someone else, the NHTSA is investigating the case filed.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts