Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Used the following instructions from the Entune forum:

Here's how to change the startup image on the entune nav:
Load a usb device, such as a flash drive with the image of your choice. The images file name, including the file extension, can be up to 32 characters. Name the image without spaces or strange characters. When saving the images to a USB, name the folder that the startup image is saved to “StartupImage” and name the folder that the screen off image is saved to “DisplayOffImage”. If these folder names are not used, the navigation system cannot download the images. (The folder names are case sensitive.)
The images file extension is JPG or JPEG. Image files of 10MB or less can be saved.
Up to 3 images can be downloaded. Plug the flash drive into your car usb port.
On the entune nav system:
Press the “SETUP” button
Touch “General” on the “Setup” screen.
Touch “Customize Startup Image”
Touch “Transfer”
Touch “Yes”
You can also delete and switch between screens.
You should now see your new startup screen flash by when the entune system is started each time.
a couple notes - from reading posts on other forums, it sounds like the Entunes system is a little picky when it comes to USB drives, so you might have to try a few different types. I personally used a 512MB Sandisk Cruzer Mini, formatted FAT16 on my Mac:

I used the following image that I lifted from the VANkulture website (had to paste it onto a black background since their logo on the web is transparent - hope they don't mind, lmk if so and I'll take this down) - recommended size is 885x530 per user TEXAN over at tundrageeks:

I used the same logo for both the startup screen and the off screen - here's what it looks like:

Overall, pretty quick and easy. Now if only there was a way to customize the images that show on the instrument cluster display:

it would be neat to be able to customize the image based on the exact options on the vehicle - for example, I have a Predawn Mica Grey Sienna SE, so it would be nice if the image was a grey SE. That's what I noticed on my dad's Tesla, which is customized down to the color/wheels, which is a nice touch. Although it did cost just a little bit more than our Siennas :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
In my experience (at least in my 2015), the HU doesn't seem to be picky about the actual image at all- even if it isn't the right aspect ratio, it will smash it to fit what it needs. That said, using the native resolution of the display is always going to be the best bet, so thanks for that. I think I ended up measuring the physical dimensions of my screen in order to find the aspect and then just using a ratio that matched, and so far that's worked for me.
My 6 year old son makes me change our startup image every now and then, but it's usually either a TRD logo, a Batman logo or a Punisher skull :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my experience (at least in my 2015), the HU doesn't seem to be picky about the actual image at all- even if it isn't the right aspect ratio, it will smash it to fit what it needs. That said, using the native resolution of the display is always going to be the best bet, so thanks for that. I think I ended up measuring the physical dimensions of my screen in order to find the aspect and then just using a ratio that matched, and so far that's worked for me.
My 6 year old son makes me change our startup image every now and then, but it's usually either a TRD logo, a Batman logo or a Punisher skull :)
yea I'm no designer, but improper aspect ratios drive me nuts :) like back when HDTVs were coming out back in the early 2000s... stretching a 4:3 image on a 16:9 screen :nerd: never would look right... whenever an image is a tiny bit off, either stretched or smushed it makes me shudder... but I guess I'm weird like that :p

·
Registered
101 Posts
yea I'm no designer, but improper aspect ratios drive me nuts :) like back when HDTVs were coming out back in the early 2000s... stretching a 4:3 image on a 16:9 screen :nerd: never would look right... whenever an image is a tiny bit off, either stretched or smushed it makes me shudder... but I guess I'm weird like that :p
YES!!! I remember going to both my parents' and my in-laws' after they got their respective first HDTVs and the jackass cable/satelite installers set everything to "Stretch" or "Fill" so that 4:3 pictures would be stretched out to 16:9. It was like no one else even noticed the distortion but it drove me so nuts I had to change their settings to fix it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts