Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this option for the sienna? Or is the plug even there? Our van hasn't arrived yet so can't confirm if we even have the same plug. Awesome if we did

·
Registered
21 Posts
That’s awesome. The product description on Amazon says it’s compatible with 2016-2020 Sienna. I gotta check out that plug when I get the chance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s awesome. The product description on Amazon says it’s compatible with 2016-2020 Sienna. I gotta check out that plug when I get the chance.
Yup, doesn't get any easier than that. And that's what I'm thinking. Works for 20 sienna, so doubt the mirror has changed much between the 2 models

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
107 Posts
Wow!

I saw Toyota dashcam on page 13 of the 2021 Sienna ebrochure (LINK) https://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2021/sienna_ebrochure.pdf

Our Sienna is on order and when I called my dealer to add this, they said they could not add it. No reason given.

Not sure if it is because I already ordered, or if the Toyota version is not yet available.

Thank OP for posting, this looks so simple! I hope the 2021 has the same mirror plug.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow!

I saw Toyota dashcam on page 13 of the 2021 Sienna ebrochure (LINK) https://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2021/sienna_ebrochure.pdf

Our Sienna is on order and when I called my dealer to add this, they said they could not add it. No reason given.

Not sure if it is because I already ordered, or if the Toyota version is not yet available.

Thank OP for posting, this looks so simple! I hope the 2021 has the same mirror plug.
We can add the Toyota Dash cam to our seinna here in Canada, but it's not cheap at $500 bucks. I like the fact that it's hardwired in and installed professionally, but not worth that money. The plug on the mirror would've be a game changer. My brother has been using this method in his tundra for a while with zero issues. Very unfortunate it appears we can't do it that easy. Knew it was too good to be true haha

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
107 Posts
Doesn't look as easy as that tacoma. Best pictures I could get of the back of the mirror. There is no easily accessible 12pin connector to be seen
What a pissah!

@Stingray250 - I doubt it matters, but do you have the Digital rearview mirror with Homelink ?

·
Registered
332 Posts
We can add the Toyota Dash cam to our seinna here in Canada, but it's not cheap at $500 bucks. I like the fact that it's hardwired in and installed professionally, but not worth that money. The plug on the mirror would've be a game changer. My brother has been using this method in his tundra for a while with zero issues. Very unfortunate it appears we can't do it that easy. Knew it was too good to be true haha
Looks like it is $350 + Labor i U.S. Product Details | SimplePart (toyota.com)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was just thinking the other day that it'd be awesome to have a USB port in the back of the rearview mirror. With good dashcams out there for <$100 and the technology changing all the time, being able to easily swap them out (vs a factory installed one at 5x the price) would be nice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a Street Guardian a couple of years ago for less than $150.00. I haven't had a problem. I think it works pretty good and service techs don't notice it. I took the van in for some potential A.C. work and when I got the van back I watched the video to what they did. They didn't do any thing they said they did. The proof was in the pudding. Needless to say it was only an estimate on work to be done so I didn't go back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I found the 12 pin connector on the my 2021 sienna (sorry for any confusion above but I don't own a tacoma, the pictures were the sienna's home link digital rearview mirror). The 12 pin connector is behind the map light assembly and there is no easy way to snake a usb cable out the back of the rearview mirror, so you'll have a loose wire above the mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a neat looking camera. I like that. Much different than the option we have here. Unfortunate the plug is hidden like that. Im trying to get my dealer to include it with the van when it arrives. We'll see how it goes

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Ltd
11 Posts
Just saw on Toyota sienna builder, there is a new dash cam that would make wiring to the map light assembly and 12 pin connector a little bit more sightly
Here is the link to the app that goes with it. Apparently over a 100+ folks have installed the app - goes to show how much of these they are selling.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts