Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
We picked up our 2021 Sienna XLE and I'm considering getting the Toyota Dash Cam, @BearInStPete, wanted to know if you have any updates on install/usage?
LOL - well I'm sitting with baited breath ready to try it out, but my Sienna has been delayed about a week on delivery dates - now 5/7. I'll try to post something afterwards - for some reason (good or bad) nobody has posted about their experiences using the Toyota Cam - suspect that is at least somewhat good - as if any of the crew on Siennachat.com had an issue/problem I'm sure we would hear of it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hope it goes smoothly! We took delivery from dealor inventory and the wife has yet to let me drive it. The parts guys is saying it needs a separate harness but after reading your post it looks like that is only needed for the Venza, can you confirm the only part I would need is the Multi Dcam (pt94908210) or is there a separate harness for the Sienna?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hope it goes smoothly! We took delivery from dealor inventory and the wife has yet to let me drive it. The parts guys is saying it needs a separate harness but after reading your post it looks like that is only needed for the Venza, can you confirm the only part I would need is the Multi Dcam (pt94908210) or is there a separate harness for the Sienna?
Just order the camera and plug it in. No other parts and simple as can be.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
No additional wiring harness needed for Sienna, it's direct plugin to a connector behind the map-light and switch console. The Toyota parts sites often indicate the harness is required - but that is only for Venza as the direct plug in connector is not present like it is for Sienna.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
105 Posts
Video saves in 2 minute instruments.

Note: I realized when transferring the file that I still had the plastic film protector thing on the lens! Sho ignore the slight bluriness. The video is 1920x1080

Thanks for posting. Quality looks surprisingly good!

BTW: what is really weird for me is this looks like that very popular turn from Warren Ave onto Forest Ave ;). Susan’s Fish and Chips is awesome !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for posting. Quality looks surprisingly good!

BTW: what is really weird for me is this looks like that very popular turn from Warren Ave onto Forest Ave ;). Susan’s Fish and Chips is awesome !
Would be better if she paid her taxes!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why not tap into the wires for the oem dash cam?

Hard wiring the aftermarket dashcam will require tapping into constant power and acc power, and the easiest way I know is through snaking it in the roof liner, down into the a-pillar, then into the fuse taps that connect into the fuse box, to get that clean installation. I've watch youtube videos and I think It can be done without the airbag going off.

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD
81 Posts
Could you take a picture of how it looks inside the cabin? My wife is worried about where it will be mounted and how it will look. Thanks!

Video saves in 2 minute increments.

Note: I realized when transferring the file that I still had the plastic film protector thing on the lens! So ignore the slight bluriness. The video is 1920x1080

·
Registered
209 Posts
Toyota Integrated Dash Cam - quick update:

Installed myself in dealer parking lot before driving the new Sienna home in less than 15 minutes! - sorry to those who might have paid dealer labor to install - IMHO dealer should offer to install as part of sale!

Tips:
  • NO WIRING HARNESS IS REQUIRED FOR SIENNA!
  • Print instructions (attached) and placement template ahead of time, make sure template is sized correctly and cut outs completed.
  • Have some masking tape available to affix template.
  • Pop out the map light console grasping closest to windshield and allow it to gently hang from connector.
  • From the driver's seat reach in with right hand and with finger tips gently push down headliner away from windshield where the cam connector needs to thread through, while pushing connecter through with the left hand. Pull connector cable through, plug into the available blue connector and stow excess cable per the instructions.
  • Stick the cam and adhesive plate to the windshield and remove placement template.
  • Sync cam with the smart phone app.
  • Done!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ended up getting this cam along with few other accessories for hardwiring, much cheaper than OEM and if done right, should look and feel almost OEM-ish. I won't be utilizing the pre-set socket in the headliner and as a DIY, I think this will be a good fun project.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ended up getting this cam along with few other accessories for hardwiring, much cheaper than OEM and if done right, should look and feel almost OEM-ish. I won't be utilizing the pre-set socket in the headliner and as a DIY, I think this will be a good fun project.

View attachment 50160
Please document your project--interested to see your plan and results.

·
Registered
35 Posts

View attachment 50160
Please post links, pics and plan when you complete.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts