Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check Engine, VSC and TRAC lights came on. Engine was running fine. I read the codes and this is what came up.

I read Fibber's and others' post regarding P0012 and got scared a little. It's been 10k since I last changed oil so I did that. For the P0100, air filter was really dirty so I changed that too. Cleared the codes and hopefully they don't come back.
Or....... should I be worried?

·
Super Moderator
4,415 Posts
Time will tell.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
And also just FYI, any time the check engine light comes on with an indicated code, the VSC and TRAC lights will also come on by design, for some bizarre reason. Maybe to attract attention, but it can be disconcerting if you've never seen it before.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update. It's been a week and the problem has not returned. Changing the oil and the air filter took care of it. I've also decided to decrease my oil change interval to maybe 8k miles because of the van's mileage. But, depending on my workload, that could be every other month. It's ok though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like i need to revive this post because P0012 Camshaft Position A Timing Over-RetardedBank 1 came back this past weekend. It's running fine so i guess "timing" is not the issue? Based on some info i gathered here and other sites, esp from Fibber post, I've decided to tackle this and replace the intake OCV. I've ordered it from Rockauto along with a set of intake plenum gasket. Any additional input on what else i should look for regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts