Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the windshield replaced on my 22 Sienna by Safelite due to a crack. Safelite used OEM parts with the part # confirmed by Toyota. Should be all set, but dash is now reflecting on windshield in a very significant way. Everything, speaker, defrost, projection housing is very visible and so distracting it’s unsafe to drive.

Toyota says this is a Safelite problem. Safelite says they used a Toyota part so it’s a Toyota problem. Meanwhile I’m stuck with a van I just bought that my wife no longer feels safe driving. Any advice on how to fix? Looking to really fix, not cover up with some mat.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Toyota Care said the part number is correct for 21 and 22 Siennas. I’ll follow your advice and ask specifically if there is a different one required for platinum to account for the HUD.
do you have pictures before the glass replacement ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
How about just to test if the dashboard is too bright by temporary covering it with a dark color beach towel (brown, gray, dark red, black) so no bright reflection onto the windshield. I had a similar problem with my older Toyota Tercel. Then you might be able to solve the safety concern without replacing another windshield.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That would be very disappointing.
I had dash reflectivity also and a windshield replacement looked the same.
If you go with a dash mat I recommend Dash Designs product over Dash Mat. Much better fit and materials are a bit better. This was surprising as DashMat has always been an industry leader.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's not the same as your situation but when we started driving our used 2018 rav4 in the middle of the day we had terrible reflections from silver trim in the windshield and side windows, and even off the radio controls which were angled such to shine in your face at midday; just ridiculous, as though none of the designers heard about this thing called "sunlight" and "reflections". Had to remove and spray flat black paint on the parts that are easily removed but the radio and the side air vents are still annoying. Can't imagine having the entire desktop being silver!

·
Registered
22 XLE+ wheelchair adapted by Braunability Silver Bullet with Amp and Ramp
17 Posts
I could be wrong (and often am). Seems like the new windshield is not polarized. I believe your side windows are - try on some polarized sunglasses and see if you see a slight diamond pattern through your side windows.

·
Registered
22 Sienna XLE
28 Posts
The glare is horrible. I have had 3 windshields. I recommend getting ceramic tint on the upper windshield (it is legal), I did 20% and the glare issue is resolved. Should not be more than $50. I drive daily in SW Florida, 87/k miles in 11months on my ‘22 XLE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts