Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Thinkware Q800PRO and cellink neo. I was able to install it last weekend. Here are the pictures.
Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive mirror Automotive design

I am able to use the hole for a factory dashcam to run my wires.

Sky Cloud Grille Hood Motor vehicle

I had to pull the liner and 3rd brake light housing to run the wire for my rear dashcam

Bumper Gadget Automotive design Communication Device Automotive exterior

My battery backup is underneath the passenger seat. I put it on the slight depression there

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk Bag

This is where I put my ground wire. It is pretty convenient because it’s near the fusebox.

Automotive tire Vehicle Grey Automotive design Automotive exterior

I ran my wire from the Fusebox to the passenger seat on the floor liner, which is easy to do surprisingly, to connect to my battery pack, and from my battery pack to below the compartment box where my dashcam connects to.

Audio equipment Auto part Machine Gadget Electrical wiring

I used the top fusebox with the wire going to the bottom as the top of the fuse is hot. The top row is on when engine runs. The 3rd row is always hot. I am surprised there is no accessory power there. I can’t charge my battery pack in accessory mode.

The most taxing but not difficult for me is fishing the rear cable through the rubber thingy on the rear door as I would pinch the end of the wire through the rubber and walk it inch by inch until it’s out. I also gave a little slack on my front dashcam wires so if I decide to put it on the plastic trim housing, I could.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great work! i just got a dual dash cam as well, and haven't tackled the install yet since it's -20C outside! but I was anticipating how best to route the rear camera wiring. did you run the rear camera cable along the various seams? or fished the wire right through the headliner to the front camera location?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great work! i just got a dual dash cam as well, and haven't tackled the install yet since it's -20C outside! but I was anticipating how best to route the rear camera wiring. did you run the rear camera cable along the various seams? or fished the wire right through the headliner to the front camera location?
I didn’t try fishing it through headlinder to the front. I ran it here.
Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

from the front camera through headliner going to passenger side

Sky Daytime Plant Branch Shade

between the frame and weather stripping on passenger side

Hood Light Automotive lighting Window Motor vehicle

Continuing to 2nd row

Car Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Light

then on 3rd row between headliner and trim

Hood Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Then I pulled the trim on the rear down, fished the wire through the rubber gasket/grommet, pulled the 3rd brake housing. It goes out on the top of the housing

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Eijis for the detailed pictures of the routing. I did manage to do a basic dash cam install this weekend and used the OEM power connector hidden under the overhead controls. for the rear facing camera, I just stuck it on the front windshield looking back into the cabin for now.. I'll tackle the full rear facing camera when spring comes.

I was wondering, the rear has factory tint on the rear glass, how does it affect the image brightness in your install?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Eijis for the detailed pictures of the routing. I did manage to do a basic dash cam install this weekend and used the OEM power connector hidden under the overhead controls. for the rear facing camera, I just stuck it on the front windshield looking back into the cabin for now.. I'll tackle the full rear facing camera when spring comes.

I was wondering, the rear has factory tint on the rear glass, how does it affect the image brightness in your install?
My previous car also has a tint on the rear glass so I don’t know the difference but here are some sample pics. These are screenshots from the video. Fyi I have thinkware q800 pro with 1080P rear camera resolution

Car Sky Vehicle Tire Cloud

taken around noontime

Plant Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey

around 5pm

Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

around 8pm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts