Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, after owning a 1999 and a 2004 Sienna I decided to try an Odyssey. Test drive went well, and the difference maker was the mileage. Also, it came with a lifetime engine/transmission warranty. I bought a used 2011 with 50k miles. Our family takes a lot of long road trips, and I had never had one road breakdown in the 1 million + miles I had put on all our Toyotas in 30 years, and had come to take that for granted (you see where this is headed). First trip in Odyssey, and the Check Engine light comes on, and it runs like crap. After doing some quick reading and searching, I see that the engine is probably in what they delightfully call "Safe Mode", meaning its running on three cylinders. To make a long story short, I make it the last 500 miles or so home in a crippled Odyssey that won't do over 40 most of the time (woo hoo for downhill driving!!!). Come to find out after I get home that an oil switch failed, indicating a problem that didn't exist. That's it, I'm done with the Odyssey as soon as I spot the exact Sienna I want (lightly used Super White LE). Maybe it was a complete fluke; I don't care.

·
Banned
184 Posts
Honda's have the VCM? problems as well. Honda's are crap, period.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts