Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious how long delivery took for custom orders. We placed a deposit on Jan 19 and have only heard that the factory accepted our order. We were originally told 8-12 weeks to receive delivery then that was changed to 90 days. We are now past that and still have no new updates. We are located in Michigan so I wanted an AWD (XLE) and a spare tire. Not a single dealership had one in the state which lead us to ordering. Is this configuration increasing our wait time?

I just wanted to know what the average wait time has been during covid. Has anyone received their Sienna that they ordered back In January?

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
897 Posts
I waited about 2 months for Sienna LE AWD 8 seater with spare and rack. Im in the bay area san francisco area
I placed an order for an XLE with the plus pkg and a spare in early December. I think the order actually went in about January 1st, the build date was Feb 4th, and we picked it up Feb 22nd. In my case I think the dealer was not permitted to place the order until the 1st of the month. The options should not make a difference since Toyota claims that they can produce multiple car models on the same assembly line in any sequence. That is if they have the necessary parts on hand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered an AWD XLE with roof rack, cross bars, hitch, and specified red exterior with grey interior. They allocated one about 1-2 weeks later and it's being built this week.
Haven't heard anything about a delivery date yet.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
50 Posts
I placed an order this month (June). It was picked up as a Special Order and is now a 2022 model year. Now, will this change the price, I don't know, but I don't expect any wild changes to the technology on the van or certain features. Right now my delivery is Sept/Oct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed an order this month (June). It was picked up as a Special Order and is now a 2022 model year. Now, will this change the price, I don't know, but I don't expect any wild changes to the technology on the van or certain features. Right now my delivery is Sept/Oct.
How did you find out it would be a 2022 model year? Was there any paperwork for you to make a Special Order? Like a deposit or a contract? Thank you!

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
50 Posts
How did you find out it would be a 2022 model year? Was there any paperwork for you to make a Special Order? Like a deposit or a contract? Thank you!
I was emailed from the dealer themselves that my
order was moved to a Special Order with a MY22. This isn’t too much a surprise as I wasn’t willing to compromise on available inventory that didn’t match what I wanted.

Due to the nature of the order it was already discussed that the delivery date would probably fall right around the time 2022 models were being manufactured.

For Sept/Oct that was right around the time the model year changed to 2022.

My order sheet now says MY22 and Special Order for my build.

The initial order wasn’t specified as a Special Order, the dealer asked Toyota about adding specific features to a previously ordered van that had not been built yet. I’m only guessing, but I assume given my build and the combination I had, it fell right into being a MY22.

I did place a $500 deposit on the van and signed paperwork to officially submit the build. All ETA estimates are the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info! I'm looking at buying a Sienna in October and trying to get all my ducks in a row. This semiconductor shortage has really thrown a wrench into everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I placed an order with our local dealership for a 2021 Sienna Platinum with $1,000 deposit on March 9. I STILL HAVE NO CONFIRMATION of build or delivery time OR even anticipated delivery time. Very frustrating and inconceivable in this time of digital everything

·
Registered
17 Posts
I understand Waitin4evah frustration. I ordered my Platinum at the end of April. The salesman has been pleasant, but has not been able to give me any real updates. Vanfan12345’s suggestion to go to another dealer reflects how I feel, but the problem is that all indications from reading other comments is that the process would start all over again. No win situation.

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
897 Posts
I understand Waitin4evah frustration. I ordered my Platinum at the end of April. The salesman has been pleasant, but has not been able to give me any real updates. Vanfan12345’s suggestion to go to another dealer reflects how I feel, but the problem is that all indications from reading other comments is that the process would start all over again. No win situation.
If there will be no problem getting your deposit back, why not order one from another dealer without cancelling this one at this time. Take the first one that comes in and cancel the other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for a bit of affirmation of my frustration and impatience :). Trying another dealer is simply not an option in this semi-rural area we live in and, as for you, the salespeople have been pleasant and conciliatory. They seem to not be able to get any answers out of Toyota either. It’s apparently not part of their customer service culture to keep dealers/customers informed of any progress with supply chain, chip availability or assembly schedules. As an aside: a friend of mine who own several Ford franchises is having the same supply problems. I will continue to stick this out because we have owned various Toyota models over the past 30 years and have always been very happy with them.
Fingers crossed for us all!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts