Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
144 Posts
That is frustrating! Our dealer said 8-12 weeks and didn't think there would be a problem meeting that. He also doesn't have a problem returning our deposit after 12 weeks... but then again, after waiting 12 weeks am I going to want to start over waiting on a different van, or head to another dealer? Good thing I'm not in a big hurry as my old van is still running great. I really want to try out the new ADAS features and enjoy the increased gas mpg though.

It's really vague to me how the whole factory allocation and dealer trading process works, but I'm guessing dealers who had a really high volume pre-crisis are getting more vans, which would probably speed their delivery. vs. ordering from a small dealer who has to wait forever for their one van. to add insult to injury we had a big hail storm a few weeks back that blasted all the car dealerships.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
50 Posts
I placed an order with our local dealership for a 2021 Sienna Platinum with $1,000 deposit on March 9. I STILL HAVE NO CONFIRMATION of build or delivery time OR even anticipated delivery time. Very frustrating and inconceivable in this time of digital everything
That's a high deposit for non-confirmed delivery date. Given you ordered in MArch I would, unfortunately, tell you the dealership has no ETA on when the van is arriving. They basically took your deposit to take you "off-market" are secure a future sale.

I placed a $500 deposit at a dealership first, but upon further searching found another who could confirm an ETA. The first dealership only took the deposit without much confirmation on order status, other than a "we will update/call you". The second dealership had more details on what Toyota said about the order, estimated arrival, and then official confirmation from Toyota on the delivery.

This all happened in a span of 3 days. Not months.

I also made sure to confirm at each place that the deposit is refundable, even if they say it's not that's not the final word on deposits.

Personally, I would call and demand an official update and if one can not be facilitated get my refund and go to another place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was emailed from the dealer themselves that my
order was moved to a Special Order with a MY22. This isn’t too much a surprise as I wasn’t willing to compromise on available inventory that didn’t match what I wanted.

Due to the nature of the order it was already discussed that the delivery date would probably fall right around the time 2022 models were being manufactured.

For Sept/Oct that was right around the time the model year changed to 2022.

My order sheet now says MY22 and Special Order for my build.

The initial order wasn’t specified as a Special Order, the dealer asked Toyota about adding specific features to a previously ordered van that had not been built yet. I’m only guessing, but I assume given my build and the combination I had, it fell right into being a MY22.

I did place a $500 deposit on the van and signed paperwork to officially submit the build. All ETA estimates are the same.
Interesting!

Has your dealer provided a temporary VIN yet? I hopped on a factory allocation, due late Aug / early Sept, and the details on the temp VIN I have still show a 21 model year.
Check Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners when you have a temp vin

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
50 Posts
Interesting!

Has your dealer provided a temporary VIN yet? I hopped on a factory allocation, due late Aug / early Sept, and the details on the temp VIN I have still show a 21 model year.
Check Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners when you have a temp vin
No VIN yet, as that most likely shows up in September, earliest August. Considering it's now a MY22, I can't imagine it starts production any earlier than September.

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
144 Posts
6/18/2021, placed order, $500 deposit, was told 8-12 weeks
7/29/2021, received vehicle

That's about 5-6 weeks, pretty nice!

To guide your price discovery:
2021 Sienna LE with roof rails and spare tire. $588 below MSRP and $500 toyota rebate. $1799 for 84 mo/100k mile toyota platinum warranty.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Similar timeline for me. Placed order 6/14. It was ready on 7/27, but was only able to get it today, 7/31.

Went though costco and got it for under msrp. Details are posted in the price thread.

XLE, AWD, plus package, spare tire, dash cam.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I placed an order with our local dealership for a 2021 Sienna Platinum with $1,000 deposit on March 9. I STILL HAVE NO CONFIRMATION of build or delivery time OR even anticipated delivery time. Very frustrating and inconceivable in this time of digital everything
Same situation for us. We ordered this week 01/13/22 and nobody gave us an estimated time of delivery. Actually, our salesperson scoffed and said it will take a year or so! Have you received yours yet? Stamped date here says you’ve posted this six months ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took delivery of 2022 Toyota Sienna XSE with tech package yesterday. Celestial Silver metallic. Paid MSRP but happy not to pay any markups. Had booked a Ruby Flare Red XSE on 4th Dec 2022. However, the dealer called 2 weeks ago and said there is a cancellation and asked if I am interested. The spec was almost same (except this one was missing spare tire). Didn't want to let the offer go. Glad I made the move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am just curious how long delivery took for custom orders. We placed a deposit on Jan 19 and have only heard that the factory accepted our order. We were originally told 8-12 weeks to receive delivery then that was changed to 90 days. We are now past that and still have no new updates. We are located in Michigan so I wanted an AWD (XLE) and a spare tire. Not a single dealership had one in the state which lead us to ordering. Is this configuration increasing our wait time?

I just wanted to know what the average wait time has been during covid. Has anyone received their Sienna that they ordered back In January?
I have had a XSE AWD with spare tire on order since tie beginning of October last year, now l have been told that l am the next to be allocated, whatever that means, Hope l have it before vacation time.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts