Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My big green just arrived at dealer.

I will begin the Digital rear view mirror retrofit project. I still have located a cheap mirror.

Updated with part list
Below are the parts you will need for this retrofit.
1. Digital rear view camera- 867C0-08010
2. One additional washer nozzle- 867F1-08010
3. New camera mounting plate- I can’t find the PN
4. New washer fluid splitter valve- 867FB-08040
5. Digital rear view mirror- 87810-08130

Camera lens Reflex camera Camera accessory Wood Digital camera

Wood Bumper Bicycle part Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Will update when I get the camera installed in the lift gate first.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Houston we have a problem.

Despite being told by Toyota tech and also looking up the rear harness. There is no 4pin connector in the back for none DRM cars.

Also- quick caution

1. Do not disconnect the camera without disconnecting the battery.
2. If you do- you will need to call up service menu to recalibrate the rear camera.

I need to tear into my other sienna to see where the 4 pin connector is.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which Siennas are pre-wired for the digital rearview mirror? All Limiteds & Platinums, just the ones with the Entertainment system, or something else?
I actually don’t know now.

there are two version of rear harness.

86184-08691(or 90)- which does have pre-wire for the digital rear view mirror

86184-08681 (or 80)- which does not have pre-wire for the digital rear view mirror.

I had always assumed 81/80 aren’t on platinum/limited. We all have 90/91. But when I opened up my cypress today. Can’t find that 4pin. I will need to check my ruby flare.

Toyota updated part and drawing about 3 weeks ago. Now it shows two different wiring now for platinum and limited.

I also need to look into roof harness now. Given I am not sure if roof harness also have variation.

mucho headache

XLE/XSE has different harness too.

I have to tear into both van to figure out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's funny, I was going through your parts list checking things out and thinking to myself, "this actually isn't all that bad of a price..." then I got to #5. So annoying considering the relatively inexpensive option when the van is built (if it were actually available).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I have bad news.

It looks like Toyota de-content the wiring as well. For none DRM cars. Toyota did not provide the 4 pin video cable for the connection of the camera.

I will need to take apart the roof wiring to see if the wiring exist on the roof.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I have bad news.

It looks like Toyota de-content the wiring as well. For none DRM cars. Toyota did not provide the 4 pin video cable for the connection of the camera.

I will need to take apart the roof wiring to see if the wiring exist on the roof.
So you have two vans? One that is DRM optional and one that is not?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Three! Wow...save some for the rest of us! LOL.

So sounds like they used the non DRM harness once they realized they wouldn't be shipping with DRM. :(
Yes- all to save like $5.00. While we need to pay $400 for a new harness. Hopefully the roof is there.

I am putting project on hold until I can find cheap mirror. Not in mood to spend $2100.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts