Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sienna SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read up on this and know it's a common issue. I will be cutting out the slots for better airflow to the brakes per the TSB and I will be replacing the front and rear pads plus resurfacing the rotors.

Does anyone have part numbers for the OEM pads? They've lasted me 54k which I feel is resonable and I don't notice a lot of brake dust. Or is there something that is better out there?

These are the part #'s I found:
04466-AZ109
04465-AZ119

·
Registered
203 Posts
What year/model Sienna do you have?

·
Registered
2015 Sienna SE
85 Posts
The pulsation could also be warped rotors that even a resurface won't fix so keep that in mind. I have a full set of PowerStop Z36 rotors and pads sitting in the garage for the Sienna. I may be doing that around November or December. Maybe next spring as I feel that pulsation when using the brakes in my van too which imo are warped rotors due to overheating. This van is just too heavy and needs larger calipers and rotors to properly stop these vehicles other than sticky tires. I've yet to see if mine has the slots cut out for the brakes too.

·
Registered
2015 Sienna SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like Akebono makes the stock pads and they're pretty reasonable on Rock Auto. Might go with those.

·
67 Posts
I've been using the Akebono pads for years on all our Toyota vehicles, no complaints from me. Usually buy from RA as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts