Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
We've been taking ours to a touch car wash with high-pressure air drying. It's been nice for keeping the salt off it in the winter and the 17-year cicadas off of it in the spring thus far. I can be in and out in 10 minutes which means the van stays cleaner than if I were only washing it when I had the time to do so by hand in the driveway. A client built a house with a many car garage, one of which is setup as a car wash station -- all indoors so no heat, no time pressure, you can wash you car at 10pm if you want to and nobody cares. Plus you could mount a TV out there and make an evening of it. That's the way to go. :)

·
Registered
2021 Blueprint Sienna Platinum AWD “The Cruising Vessel”
52 Posts
I took mine through the automated car wash this weekend with no issues. I don’t think any car washes around me even use the old type of brushes that would scratch paint anymore. I turned off all the automatic sensors, folded in the side mirrors, and had no moonroof leaks and no scratches. Everything went fine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh and remember to turn off your rain sensing wipers if you have the platinum trim before using a car wash.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I turned off all the automatic sensors
Other than the rain sensing wipers, do you recall which other options you disabled prior to entering the automatic wash in order to prevent the night club 3am rave of alarms and buzzers? Asking for a friend…

·
Registered
261 Posts
Other than the rain sensing wipers, do you recall which other options you disabled prior to entering the automatic wash in order to prevent the night club 3am rave of alarms and buzzers? Asking for a friend…
I started a thread on this very topic here which I got useful information from:

Car Wash Mode | Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
I basically shut them all down. I don’t remember what each one is called for sure. I made a video going through but I can’t upload it from my phone onto here. This is a screen shot of the dash display settings though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
And I think there is an actual button on the left side of the steering wheel to disable the auto sliding doors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wish they had one button to enable “car wash mode” to turn all the gadgets off and fold in the mirrors.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Shut off the Parking Support Braking System (PKSB). This is the system that sounds the alarms and may slam on the brakes when it sees something. Owners Manual page 114. You need to turn it ON after the carwash. Disable the sliding doors, as recommended above, since there is a possibility they will open automatically.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
113 Posts
It's a love-hate relationship. We subscribe to unlimited car wash plans because like @Sienna9816 we just don't have the time to wash by hand. I know the car wash adds micro-scratches every single time.

We just sold our 16-year-old Murano which went through the unlimited car wash at least 1x/week. Sure there were micro-scratches, but it looked great every day when I stood more than 2 feet away.

So, in the end, the desire to keep it looking good won out, and we continue the unlimited car wash plan all year (we have a hard winter in the Northeast).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wondering:
Do you use drive-through car washes or choose to wash your new Sienna by hand?

Why?

Thanks!
I pay monthly for unlimited car washes at a DeltaSonic. No spinning brushes, auto presoak and they hand spray hard to get areas prior to the wash. It does the under spray,
Wondering:
Do you use drive-through car washes or choose to wash your new Sienna by hand?

Why?

Thanks!
I’ll probably never do another hand wash again. (Except my classic) I pay monthly for Deltasonic’s Super Kiss Plus. $20.00 for unlimited exterior washes. Google the process as it’s too much to copy here. Anyway no spinning brushes no swirls. I do hand wipe with microfiber cloth to reduce water spots and inside the doors. They have an optional detail shop for an extra charge for interior and waxing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have never hand washed this car 9 years with no issue… I pay monthly for an unlimited carwash service and take this car in there at least 3-4 times a week… I just got one for the sienna as well

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Tropical storm Claudette done a very thorough wind blown washing yesterday of our Sterling, dang I forgot to add some suds. By mid afternoon it was sun dried, no toweling required. 😳

·
Registered
261 Posts
And here is my suv before we traded it in for the sienna. Same deal car washed 3-4 times a week
That's all fine and good but here's a scanning electron microscope view of the paint on 2 different cars. Two images are from a car that went through touch car washes. The other two images are a car that was only ever washed by sprinkling soap powder onto a flying unicorn and then having the unicorn fly above the car as a tropical breeze wafts the soap out of it's fur and onto the car, at which point the unicorn is slaughtered causing angels to cry and their tears to fall on the car, washing off the soap. I think it's perfectly obvious which car is which!!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts