Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has come across this. On my wife's 2015 XLE, the drivers side window rattles while completely closed. I hear the sound when hitting even the smallest bumps on the road and if I were to open the window slightly the noise goes away.

I can best describe the noise as if you were playing music that has heavy bass sounds. Which reminds me, I have heard the noise while not driving and if a song comes on with some slight bass to it.

Trust me, I'm not blasting loud music but this rattling noise drives me nuts when I drive her van. My wife is oblivious to the noise but even while she drives and I'm in the passenger seat I can hear it from there. The passenger side does not have this issue. I'm not going nuts, cause even the kids hear it.

I'm hoping I don't have to start pulling the door panel off to see whats loose or anything, but wanted to see if anyone else has already dealt with this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem with my 18 XLE... drives me nuts. The dealership took a look at it once and said they couldn't find any problems..... time for them to look a little bit deeper, I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used some heavy-duty stick-on Velcro to fix the problem on the driver side window on my Sienna. I cut a piece about 1.5 inches long. I rolled down the window. I removed the plastic to expose the sticky side on the back of the Velcro. I then held the Velcro, with the sticky side up, in position about 3 inches from the back of the window on the top of the doorframe. I positioned it so that the end of the Velcro was at the edge of the weather stripping, right next to the metal, on the outside of the door, and held it in place. Then I rolled up the window, which pushed the Velcro up into the track. Finally, I pressed the rest of the tape to the doorframe on the inside of the vehicle. The rattle went away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used some heavy-duty stick-on Velcro to fix the problem on the driver side window on my Sienna. I cut a piece about 1.5 inches long. I rolled down the window. I removed the plastic to expose the sticky side on the back of the Velcro. I then held the Velcro, with the sticky side up, in position about 3 inches from the back of the window on the top of the doorframe. I positioned it so that the end of the Velcro was at the edge of the weather stripping, right next to the metal, on the outside of the door, and held it in place. Then I rolled up the window, which pushed the Velcro up into the track. Finally, I pressed the rest of the tape to the doorframe on the inside of the vehicle. The rattle went away.
I have the same rattle in my van. I will try this simple solution before digging in deeper. Hopefully it will fix mine too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts