Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon Limited Hybrid with Advanced Safety Package
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say Honda pulled out all the stops on the elite trim level. Wow!

Rock solid, quiet, a list of features a mile long.... great sedan like handling...amazing all LED headlights and taillights, puddle lamps, power folding mirrors, mirror turn down, memory, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel.... HondaVac... Best engineered 2nd row of any minivan... 8 passenger....super smooth 10 speed transmission..... if it was a Toyota, a hybrid, and replaced the drop down tv with a panoramic sunroof, I’d have purchased two of them on the spot. Kudos to Honda....

Reactions: VanGo2

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon Limited Hybrid with Advanced Safety Package
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been reading the posts on edmonds.com and a couple other consumer advocacy websites, and I'm shocked how many horror stories I'm reading about the 2017, 18, and 19 Odyssey. Air conditioner appears to be a huge issue in states with any sort of hot summer, some comments about tranny issues on the 10 speed, and electronic bugs that sound like this thing was made by Land Rover. What is happening to Honda or is Toyota just doing a great job of hiring folks to post these nightmarish comments? If the Sienna isn't redesigned for 2020, fixing that passenger collision rating issue and matching the Odyssey Elite's looooong list of features at the least, I'm torn on what to do for my family.

·
Registered
962 Posts
If you spend a bunch of time on any auto forum, then you probably would never buy another vehicle again.

Forums tend to magnify problems because only the complainers and people with issues are the ones posting. Just look at the topics on this forum for example.

I have an early build 2018 Odyssey. I don't have any of the issues that were posted above. Must have gotten a good one I guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My friend who was the best man at my wedding has been a service writer for a few Honda dealerships in the past 12 years, before I got the Sienna he told me the many issues they see in the newer 15,16,17,18 model year Odyssey's. Sliding door issues, rear blows inoperative, transmission complaints... similar to Sienna but the Sienna edges the Odyssey out slightly in reliability.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure about new ones, but our 2007 is rock solid. has over 150k miles and we literally use it as a truck to move dirt, blocks, cement, wood like all summer 4 times a day lol and never gave up on us and we are keeping it till it completely dies, like if the only way to fix it is to buy a whole new car... lol
but anyways, I was thinking about 2019 Odyssey till I found low mileage Sienna SE Premium... can't decide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.