Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We just purchased a 2017 sienna with the Blu-ray player. We have tried numerous blu ray disks, and non of them will continue to where the movie left off when we turn off/on vehicle. It just plays from the beginning. Super frustrating. Has anyone remedied this problem?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello! We just purchased a 2017 sienna with the Blu-ray player. We have tried numerous blu ray disks, and non of them will continue to where the movie left off when we turn off/on vehicle. It just plays from the beginning. Super frustrating. Has anyone remedied this problem?
Dumb question, did you read through the manual on the entertainment system?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Just a peach of a person. Yes, I read through the manual you. Please don’t respond if you have nothing positive to add to the conversation.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dumb question, did you read through the manual on the entertainment system?
Wow. Just a peach of a person. Yes, I read through the manual you. Please don’t respond if you have nothing positive to add to the conversation.
Why are you getting testy? I’m referring to my question...”did you read through the manual on the entertainment system?” as dumb. Not your question!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I think avs asked a valid question since the answer appears to be in the 2017 navigation manual on page 147:

Some BD videos have a feature to memorize
disc information, such as a resume
point, in a local storage. The rear seat
entertainment system uses an SD card
as a local storage device. To use this
function, insert an SD card into the SD
card slot.

It would have been better if the manual made it clearer that "BD" stands for "Blue-Ray disc". So ... it looks like you need to "insert an SD card into the SD card slot" if the BD video you are playing has a resume feature and you want to take advantage of it. There's other information about the format of SD card can be used as local storage on page 147 that you should read. And there are other references in the manual about using an SD card for local storage you might want to read.

I'm only going by what what the 2017 Sienna navigation manual seems to indicate. The older DVD disc player in my 2014 Sienna Limited is able to resume playing a video without relying on resume information stored on an SD card.

I wonder if you would be able to resume playing a DVD video in your 2017 Sienna without using an SD card.

Funny, I regarded the Blu-Ray format as sort of a marketing hoax. Even on a very large high definition flat screen TV, I can't tell any difference in video quality between a Blu-Ray disc and a DVD disc played on a video player with a DVD "up convert" feature. I wonder if Blu-Ray is going to eventually fade away. Some manufacturers including Samsung have stopped making Blu-Ray players.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANK YOU!!! I did read that but had no idea what BD meant. This makes sense, I will try this!! Thanks!!! I haven’t tried a dvd but from my research online, it looks like the BRD ( ha) is the only issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts