Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'va some questions about the Video-Entertainment, perhaps someone can help me.
Does anyone replaced the DVD-Player for the Rear Seat Entertainment System?
Do you know if it is possible, to connect another video-source instead of this dvd-player to the rear monitors?
Is it a standard component video signal, or something special?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'va some questions about the Video-Entertainment, perhaps someone can help me.
Does anyone replaced the DVD-Player for the Rear Seat Entertainment System?
Do you know if it is possible, to connect another video-source instead of this dvd-player to the rear monitors?
Is it a standard component video signal, or something special?
I'm pretty sure there is a set of RCA plugs (Red, White, Yellow) in the back of the center console - facing the rear seats. I don't have the entertainment system.

I put ALPINE monitors in my headrests for my kids. They can watch a DVD (installed inside center console) or select a movie on the iphone/ipad/itouch and it will play on the monitors. It's VERY convenient. They can watch 2 different things if they wear their IR headsets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx, but that's not my question. I have these RCA plugs, and they are connected to the rear-monitor of course.
What i want to do, is to replace the whole dvd-player in the front. I imported the Sienna to germany and the player only plays US-Region-codes. Another bad thin is the radio-module, it only plays odd frequencie-steps and have no handover to the next frequency while listening to one channel (this is standard in german toyotas for at least 10 years).
So my idea was, to replace the dvd-player with an additional dvd-radio (1-DIN) and connect it to the rear-monitor in the roof.

I found some pics of the dvd-connector, but don't know if the monitor get's a RCA-Signal or something else.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thx, but that's not my question. I have these RCA plugs, and they are connected to the rear-monitor of course.
What i want to do, is to replace the whole dvd-player in the front. I imported the Sienna to germany and the player only plays US-Region-codes. Another bad thin is the radio-module, it only plays odd frequencie-steps and have no handover to the next frequency while listening to one channel (this is standard in german toyotas for at least 10 years).
So my idea was, to replace the dvd-player with an additional dvd-radio (1-DIN) and connect it to the rear-monitor in the roof.

I found some pics of the dvd-connector, but don't know if the monitor get's a RCA-Signal or something else.
There is plenty of software out there and most of it is free that will allow you to change the region code of DVD's you own. Your computer would need a DVD burner of course but they are very inexpensive these days. An aftermarket HU will most certainly play the majority of all CD/DVD formats/media. The sienna is not a global vehicle as it is built and designed in the states but the DIN size is universal so a German Toyota Stereo would work in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Did you find a solution? I've got the same problem, Sienna imported to Sweden only allowing region 1 dvd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts