Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone! HELP before the kids go crazy! We have a 2012 Sienna SE. We have came home from the mall, DVD player worked. Parked, cleaned the car, went out few days later, doesn't work. The rear screen is black. AND, on the navigation panel in the front, there's no REAR tab anymore telling it to play a DVD. However, the DVD player ejects and accepts DVDs.. sooo that's working. Checked the fuses, replaced the batteries in the remotes. Nothing. Any tips? Everything i read talks about a Rear Lock button... which mine apparently doesn't have or Im missing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, last week their was was no audio from the speakers. Radio or CD would play but when u turn the volume button u don’t see the volume increasing or decreasing. When I ejected the dvd in the DVD player volume came back while playing radio or CD. But DVD menu vanished. And rear dvd screen is blank. 2013 Limited. Any is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! Any luck with your sienna dvd/radio issue. I have the exact same issue on 2012 xle sienna. The dealer referred me to a local repair shop and he has been great. He sent the radio and dvd player for analysis and they tested normal. I purchased a used ECM that goes behind the radio from ebay, but that didn't change the situation. We are stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, last week their was was no audio from the speakers. Radio or CD would play but when u turn the volume button u don’t see the volume increasing or decreasing. When I ejected the dvd in the DVD player volume came back while playing radio or CD. But DVD menu vanished. And rear dvd screen is blank. 2013 Limited. Any is appreciated.
Did you find the fix? I have the same issue. I swapped out the whole radio unit and still the same issue. DVD button vanished and rear screen blanked.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if this is similar. Just purchased a 2015 Sienna Limited and my DVD player accepts discs but the screen says "HDMI not connected" when turned on. When I press the switch button on the remote it blinks and displays the same "Not connected" message. I can get to other functions on the screen options, color, contrast and such. I cannot find the button on the audio features to switch manually from the front touch screen. This is my first car to have anything more advanced than a CD player, let alone a DVD, player so I am stumped. Any advice? I don't want to fork out $120 just to have the Toyota dealership to diagnosis it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone! HELP before the kids go crazy! We have a 2012 Sienna SE. We have came home from the mall, DVD player worked. Parked, cleaned the car, went out few days later, doesn't work. The rear screen is black. AND, on the navigation panel in the front, there's no REAR tab anymore telling it to play a DVD. However, the DVD player ejects and accepts DVDs.. sooo that's working. Checked the fuses, replaced the batteries in the remotes. Nothing. Any tips? Everything i read talks about a Rear Lock button... which mine apparently doesn't have or Im missing it.
Hi. I know this is an old thread but our 2012 xle

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Hi. I know this is an old thread but our 2012 xle just started the exact problems. Radio cuts out every 45 seconds and dvd tab has disappeared. Any available resolution?
All I can do is give the same advice again which is to have a Toyota dealer diagnose the problem.

A number of people have come here about the missing DVD tab but no one has come back to provide a solution except for the one person I mentioned earlier in this thread whose problem was resolved by the Toyota dealer replacing the overhead video screen unit. There have also been a few thread about the radio cutting out but I don't remember anybody coming back to report on what fixed it.

Here is another thread about both these issues but with no report of fixes: Radio cuts out and dvd not working

·
Registered
6 Posts
All I can do is give the same advice again which is to have a Toyota dealer diagnose the problem.

A number of people have come here about the missing DVD tab but no one has come back to provide a solution except for the one person I mentioned earlier in this thread whose problem was resolved by the Toyota dealer replacing the overhead video screen unit. There have also been a few thread about the radio cutting out but I don't remember anybody coming back to report on what fixed it.

Here is another thread about both these issues but with no report of fixes: Radio cuts out and dvd not working
Thank you. I’ll make appt and I will post resolution when I get it ☺

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you. I’ll make appt and I will post resolution when I get it ☺
I just started having this problem with my 2011 XLE. Of course I am 4 months out of my extended warranty. Did you find a fix or have you talked with your dealer? The DVD screen is black and the tab is missing from the navigation screen. The radio has also started cutting out. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue here..were you able to make an appointment and get a diagnosis.. Thanks so much!

Hi. I know this is an old thread but our 2012 xle just started the exact problems. Radio cuts out every 45 seconds and dvd tab has disappeared. Any available resolution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,
so the solution for us was the following, a new rear screen.

Symptoms:

-dvd tab no longer shows on screen
-no sound from radio or bluetooth (when there is no dvd in the player, but sound comes on when you insert a dvd)

Try removing the 2 connectors from the overhead display. You will need to pop off the casing then just unplug the connector. If sound returns when you unplug the connector and have no dvd in the player it looks like you have a bad rear display.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
RESOLVED!!!

After first trying fuses, then replacing Multimedia Interface - I purchased a replacement rear entertainment screen (Part# 594-01304) from eBay (paid around $125). Swapped it out in about 10 minutes (the MMI took hours of taking the dash apart and back together - so I wish I did this first!) and it just fired right up and started playing. DVD tab came back to the menu, audio fixed, and remote & headphones just work.

Glad to have it fixed, and hope this will help others! EASY FIX!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having the same issue here..were you able to make an appointment and get a diagnosis.. Thanks so much!
So I just got back from Toyota dealership. Bad news/bs news. I was told the radio unit is out of date and no longer gets updates so it can’t be fixed. New unit is very costly. Not sure what we’re going to do but very frustrated Toyota made something with expiration date and feels no need to replace with updated item.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I just got back from Toyota dealership. Bad news/bs news. I was told the radio unit is out of date and no longer gets updates so it can’t be fixed. New unit is very costly. Not sure what we’re going to do but very frustrated Toyota made something with expiration date and feels no need to replace with updated item.
Solution is to replace rear entertainment screen. I’ve detailed more in previous post. It’s about $125 and 10 minutes of time to swap it out! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts