Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating between XSE AWD and LE 8 seater AWD in Canada. XSE AWD has a option of adding technology package only 7 seater and no spare tire. LE has 8 seats AWD + Spare tire. So it comes to electronics vs more seat + spare tire . which is more practical use? XSE AWD with technology package total comes to 63000$ including tax and all fee, LE 8 seater AWD is 49800$ in Canada. Which to choose? Is the electronics and look worth 13000# more, Any suggestions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Contemplating between XSE AWD and LE 8 seater AWD in Canada. XSE AWD has a option of adding technology package only 7 seater and no spare tire. LE has 8 seats AWD + Spare tire. So it comes to electronics vs more seat + spare tire . which is more practical use? XSE AWD with technology package total comes to 63000$ including tax and all fee, LE 8 seater AWD is 49800$ in Canada. Which to choose? Is the electronics and look worth 13000# more, Any suggestions.
Is the van just a means of transportation to you? If so, the added technology and cost doesn't seem to be the practical choice, and I'd go with the LE.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is the van just a means of transportation to you? If so, the added technology and cost doesn't seem to be the practical choice, and I'd go with the LE.
Agree with the comment - if you’re just using it to transport your family, then the LE is a good choice.

The LE only has cloth seats available, which is a deal breaker for me. If you have older children and/or family, this shouldn’t be an issue for you.

There are additional differences between the trim levels, so it all depends on your needs, wants, and budget.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you considered the XLE? Very good value for the money. You get a few extra convenience options over the LE, such as power lift gate, kick sensor doors, remote start, smart key etc, but it's not much more than the LE and significantly cheaper than the XSE when the tech package. The gadgets area pretty cool with that tech package, but me personally, I have A hard time to justify paying $5500 for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree with the comment - if you’re just using it to transport your family, then the LE is a good choice.

The LE only has cloth seats available, which is a deal breaker for me. If you have older children and/or family, this shouldn’t be an issue for you.

There are additional differences between the trim levels, so it all depends on your needs, wants, and budget.
Thanks for the suggestions . TOMsid and GTA. Thought of it. Having a 3 yr old and we will be using it only for weekend trips and long trips with a family of 6 it will just more than transport, want to enjoy the ride with some comfort planning to settle with the XSE and technology package. Considered the xle but in Canada there is no technology package with the xle would have chosen it, if it was available, it is available only with XSE.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Only the le in Canada has a spare unfortunately otherwise I'd have equiped my XSE with one for sure.
Are you sure on that? Reason I ask is because I ordered a XLE with spare here in Canada, and the dealer told me it went through and order is placed. I guess we'll see when it arrives

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you sure on that? Reason I ask is because I ordered a XLE with spare here in Canada, and the dealer told me it went through and order is placed. I guess we'll see when it arrives
Hi James can you give me your dealers details please. I told my dealer about you getting the spare, but he blatantly refused that there is no option of ordering a spare tire and they cannot order.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,287 Posts
Do you really need 8 seats, or will 7 work for you? We have had 5 minivans in the past 25 years, and all have had buckets in the second row with nothing between them.

Do you appreciate additional 'creature comforts'? We've come to appreciate heated seats, heated steering wheels, glass roofs, better audio+nav, retracting sideview mirrors, etc.

Reactions: Premnath

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE Awd Tech Package
62 Posts
That's interesting as I've never heard of anyone being able to order a spare in Canada other than what comes with the LE. Toyota isn't allowing us many options north of the boarder. If your dealer found a way to add the spare please share with the group as it would be ground breaking.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's interesting as I've never heard of anyone being able to order a spare in Canada other than what comes with the LE. Toyota isn't allowing us many options north of the boarder. If your dealer found a way to add the spare please share with the group as it would be ground breaking.
I saw 2 video for the XSE with tech in Canada that has the spare tire and this is the Canadian version for sure because it came with the digital mirror for the XSE with the tech package. Now both of those are the FWD. I hope to order one as well when I order the car.

this one at 1:34

this one at 1:36

·
Registered
25 Posts
Now with that being said, I may never get the spare. I placed my order early December, for an AWD XLE, and I wanted the spare tire to go with it. Did the paperwork, application, etc and put the order in. I haven't heard a thing since. So I really don't know what's on the go. I was told to expect A 4 to 5 month delivery once ordered, so may be a while before I can confirm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts