Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive only had this van not even 2 weeks and ive noticed that when im cruising around 43ish mph the van sees that as good enough to be in 5th gear, its about 1400 rpm, maybe slightly less. the engine seems to be bogging a decent amount and vibrating the van much more than normal. seeing as much of my commute is at this speed i must know, is this ok? or should i be holding it in 4th. this happens in other gears too, this vans computer loves to bog the engine. that makes me think its just by design and its fine but i gotta know. im coming from a 18 wrx and i had that car tuned up with an access port showing me additional engine information and if i tried cruising anywhere below 2000 rpm in that thing the engine would be having a stroke. i realize that my mpg is probably through the roof while cruising at 1400 rpm but i just wanna make sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds normal to me for my 2008. If i am accelerating and let go of the gas, then gently resume acceleration, it seems to go in a lower power mode and get great mpg but with slow acceleration. Hitting the gas harder stops this.

I wouldn't call it bogging though. Making my stick shift car bog feels way different to me

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea bogging the wrx definitely felt different, but im not sure how much of that is just the massive difference in displacement between the 2 engines and how much of it is just in my head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts