Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Toyota Sienna (automatic transmission) that has been sitting for about half a year and today I took it for a drive and it failed on me while driving. After driving for a short period ~ 5 minutes the engine would rev but the car won't move anymore. It would work again after I wait a few minutes and restart the car. I also noticed that there was an excessive amount of noise when it was running idle. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
How many miles? Maintenance history? Where does the noise appear to be coming from, what kind of noise? Does it shift normally for the short time the van runs? Is it leaking fluid on the floor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many miles? Maintenance history? Where does the noise appear to be coming from, what kind of noise? Does it shift normally for the short time the van runs? Is it leaking fluid on the floor?
Haven't done much maintenance just the occasional motor oil and filter change. Yes it shifts normally and I don't see any fluid on the floor. I'm not sure how to describe the sound but I made a video please have a look. Streamable Video

Cross your fingers, pray and top up the transmission fluid.
Should I drain the old transmission fluid first?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts