Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
The little shark fin that looks just like the one on all kinds of cars really bothers you? Are you 7' tall? I don't even notice it up there, but I'm under 6' so I usually don't even catch a glimpse of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the in-depth comparison! I am about to purchase a 2008 limited with 4 wheel disc brakes. Did this upgrade help out the braking performance which this review enlightened me about?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe all 2008+ Siennas have 4 wheel disc brakes. My 2008 Sienna LE certainly does. Good comparison by OP, but I must ask, an "F" for the brakes? I've been driving mine for 6+ years and never had that thought. I would rate the brakes as excellent, a solid B+ at least. The pedal feel is firm, the van stops quickly, evenly and straight and on slippery roads, the ABS kicks in to help. I have owned an Audi and a VW, and the Sienna's are not really firm, German brakes, but they are excellent.

I just replaced the original pads on all four wheels at 33,000 miles (mostly city) and the brakes feel exactly the same -- excellent. (Original rotors were fine and not replaced.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Old thread revival.

The 04 and 08 sienna both had weak brake. I don't like the stopping distance. It simply does not do the job well. The new 11 is much better.

However, I had warped brake on both of my 11. Both has since then been upgraded to EBC yellow stuff. While it now a lot more brake dust, but i love EBC brake. All 4 wheels also have been upgraded to drilled rotor.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts