Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we could buy the extended Toyota warranty from any dealer in the country. In your experience who are the few that quote best rates?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also interested, the dealer gave me the ”discounted price” of $1999 For 100k miles/10years. I feel like you can get it even cheaper.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
243 Posts
I will likely buy the longest possible warranty too, but not just now. I figured I can earn a little bit of return on the 2K invested in 3 years, or save a little bit of interest on the car loan by paying up that much early. Also, I don't know if the warranties are returnable or not. In the worst case scenario event, if something happens to our van (tootled or stolen), the 2K spent on warranty would go to complete waste.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also interested, the dealer gave me the ”discounted price” of $1999 For 100k miles/10years. I feel like you can get it even cheaper.
I don't have the paper work in front of me, but I think we were offered a 10yr/120k mile Toyota Care Warranty for $1601 (maybe it was only 100k?). Originally started at around $2,300. Told the finance manager we'd wait and come back as I could usually call/email dealers around the country and get cheaper. He came back with $1601. Said $1600 was his cost and system wouldn't let him do it without adding a $1 on. I can confirm later tonight.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recall a thread on here or Facebook where a dealer offered these at a significant discount. If I find that thread, I'll share it here.

I also don't think you can buy the warranty at the cheapest price if you wait months or years. At least that's not been my experience with other makes (I've never bought a Toyota).

Many more thoughts here: Extended warranty on the 2021, yay or nay?

Some recommendations for best deals here: Extended Warranty Best Pricing

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
64 Posts
I will likely buy the longest possible warranty too, but not just now. I figured I can earn a little bit of return on the 2K invested in 3 years, or save a little bit of interest on the car loan by paying up that much early. Also, I don't know if the warranties are returnable or not. In the worst case scenario event, if something happens to our van (tootled or stolen), the 2K spent on warranty would go to complete waste.

After a lot of searching on other forums for other Toyota warranties, we found Jerry Johnson at a Toyota dealership in Kansas has the best rates.

You can email him at: [email protected]

He sends the entire breakdown/costs for all the plans. We bought the 10 year/ 125 K Platinum warranty for ~ $2K. We are keeping our van for at least 10 years (we drive our cars ~15 years). We felt it was worth $2K for insurance/peace of mind.

Vehicle Service Agreement

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE AWD, Sunset Bronze Mica / Graphite Interior, purchased 3/28/21
18 Posts
I don't have the paper work in front of me, but I think we were offered a 10yr/120k mile Toyota Care Warranty for $1601 (maybe it was only 100k?). Originally started at around $2,300. Told the finance manager we'd wait and come back as I could usually call/email dealers around the country and get cheaper. He came back with $1601. Said $1600 was his cost and system wouldn't let him do it without adding a $1 on. I can confirm later tonight.
So are these warranties returnable? Just curious. If so, do I have to contact the dealer I got it from, or just contact Toyota?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone looked at Toyota’s tire/wheel replacement program?

I always say no to that, I figure it's a risk that we all take getting in our cars. Plus, if tires have to be replaced on my vehicle, I want to pick the tires and the shop to do the work.

As far as rims go, if a 17" rim on my XLE with all that rubber tire around it gets bent to the point of needing to be fixed, and that's the only damage done by a pothole or whatever the heck I hit, I'll consider that a win.... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
18 Posts
So are these warranties returnable? Just curious. If so, do I have to contact the dealer I got it from, or just contact Toyota?
To clarify, I'm asking if I can re-neg on the extended warranty/maintenance I bought (the Platinum 10 year plan) after the sale, by going through Toyota?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lied on the length. Mine is a 7yr/100k for $1601 if that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To clarify, I'm asking if I can re-neg on the extended warranty/maintenance I bought (the Platinum 10 year plan) after the sale, by going through Toyota?
No. you cannot. Even if you dont use it, it's "spent' money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I lied on the length. Mine is a 7yr/100k for $1601 if that helps.
OK that makes sense - the 7 years being an extension of the 3 year, for a total of 10, yes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got it, thank you. It's fine, I know we'll use it, but was just second guessing at least the maintenance piece.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually you can. Within 30 days. Just call Toyota warranty (Google or facebook has a page) or your dealer. You can even cancel after 30 days but lose some administrative cost.

I think the point from you is a good one tempo12...some dealers wont let this process be easy. More messy and not sure I want to deal with them on this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually you can. Within 30 days. Just call Toyota warranty (Google or facebook has a page) or your dealer. You can even cancel after 30 days but lose some administrative cost.

I think the point from you is a good one tempo12...some dealers wont let this process be easy. More messy and not sure I want to deal with them on this.
I just called Toyota's number on the agreement I finally got in the mail. You just have to send them a fax (they said this is the quickest way) with a statement of cancellation intent and the agreement/VIN number of the car, plus a statement of current mileage, with your signature and you'll see a principal deduction for the full amount paid on your Toyota Financial Services account (payment doesn't change, they just deduct it off the total owed). They said the process takes 30 days to actually see the principal credit on your account online, so I asked, "how do I know if you got it, after 30 days it begins to get prorated?" She said the number you call allows you to check the status and to expect a status update to take about 5-7 days, but the cancellation would take effect the date the fax is received, not the date they enter it into the system. Honestly, she was way more helpful than I would have expected anyone at the dealership to be.

I'm embarrassed to say I paid over 2x what some of the folks here have discovered is the "bottom" for some of these plans ($1600 range), which is why I'm going to cancel now and re-up later at a lower rate. I'm wondering, who here went all in for total coverage of 10 years (including 3 year bumper to bumper, so 7 year extension) at 125K miles, and what should I expect to pay if I do want to get this same plan again later? I have the info for the dealer in Kansas from an earlier post on this thread and was going to send an email or give a call once I know my cancellation for the existing agreement went through.

Now the extended maintenance plan, which I also signed up for and am also regretting. Same terms, can cancel in full within 30 days, but I haven't received my agreement. The same rep I spoke to at Toyota said either the dealer hasn't entered it yet or it's "not serviced through them". I don't think that's the case, because my paperwork has the dealer as the servicing dealer and the application has "Toyota Care Plus prepaid maintenance program application" with the Toyota Financial Services logo on the page, so it's possible I just need to wait until I receive my info in the mail to cancel that one, and I'm guessing it's the same process. After thinking about it, for what they charge at 10K service intervals, I'd rather start using my mechanic I'm comfortable with for things like oil changes and other checkups once I'm past my 2 year free maintenance visits.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
243 Posts
FWIW, in my quick reading on the Toyota warranty link, it says something about "disappearing deductible". Looks like if you get your vehicle serviced at the dealer who sold you the warranty, the deductible might less or be nothing? I could be wrong though. I made a mental note of it to check again after three years and moved on...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, but the deductible is only $100 from my understanding. For what I paid, and how often I expect to have to go the dealership under warranty for presumably major items after 36K miles, I'll pay the $100. Someone tell me if I'm crazy, though?

There's also a chance we move out of state in the next couple of years, something we've been discussing and working on. In that case, any new servicing dealer in a different state, means I would have to pay the deductible there too. I know, I know - too many "ifs" to matter, but just a thought.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts