Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
2) If buying an extended warranty makes you feel better, don’t buy it from the dealership. Call Toyota Motor Sales and buy it directly from them at 50 - 70% off.
Wait, is that a thing? Does that only exists in the US? I’ve never heard of being able to contact Toyota directly to purchase the warranty at such a steep discount. Does this work for Canada?

·
Registered
207 Posts
The problem that I have with an extended car warranty is that it can only be used for repairing a specific car., and if you do not use it, you lose it. I have a "rainy day fund" that I can use for major car repairs or anything else like replacing an appliance or a furnace. If I don't use it, I don't lose it. Deposit $100/month and you will have $3,600 when the Basic Warranty expires in 3 years.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 2 cents,
1) I don’t buy extended warranties, I subscribe to the economics already discussed. I have the savings to cover any unplanned expense.

2) If buying an extended warranty makes you feel better, don’t buy it from the dealership. Call Toyota Motor Sales and buy it directly from them at 50 - 70% off.
What do you mean by option #2? Do you have a link or a phone number to this Toyota Motor Sales you speak of??

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,384 Posts
..... don’t buy it from the dealership. Call Toyota Motor Sales and buy it directly from them at 50 - 70% off.
I've called them and asked, but was told that they only sell thru the dealership network. Do you actually know of anyone who successfully bought it your suggested way?

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
259 Posts
I didn't get it. I would put serious thoughts on it when the regular warranty is about to expire. I didn't want to spend 3k on something I couldn't use for 3 years. I would rather pay that much extra in down payment, or just put it in S$P 500 and hope for 10% return;)

However, If 3K takes me to 100k, I would almost certainly buy it after 3 years. I am not auto/mechanically inclined so 3k would be worth another 4-5 years piece of mind.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
66 Posts
I know there are a lot of differing opinions whether the extended warranty is worth it or not.
We just took delivery of our Sienna Platinum this past weekend and we did purchase the 10 year/125K mile warranty.

We did it for peace of mind. We felt $2K to cover 10/125 was a good insurance policy (We know it is really $2K for additional 7 years/ 89K miles after 3/36 bumper to bumper expires). We just felt the warranty covers a lot of items and since it is through Toyota their service department will honor it.

if any others are interested feel free to PM me (Start Conversation) and I can pass on my contact Jerry.

[Warranty Link]

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD
179 Posts
I don't think I have ever purchased an extended warranty for anything because someone, somewhere calculated that whatever amount it is. It will generate a profit.

But I have had great luck with Toyota the last 20 years. I take good care of my vehicles, and also have a good fiend that gets great prices on OEM parts =)

41 - 48 of 48 Posts