Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used EZ Trailer with a broken tail light and it has never been coupled with my 2015 Sienna. Is there is simple, easy kit for replacing and connecting tail lights on an EZ Trailer that someone can recommend? I started looking around here and at EZ Trailer and go a bit overwhelmed from the options.

Thanks for the guidance!

Henry

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts
Most of the trailer kits use an 1157 (dual filament) bulb. The lower wattage (Lumens) output is for the running lights, and the higher output filament is for the brake and turn signal. The LED replacement mimics these functions. There is also typically a second low output bulb on the side as a marker light. And a down-light for the license plate. You may need to do a bit of meter work to figure out which wire is which when you move from the stock lights to the new lights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. currently the wiring is not hooked up to my Sienna. I bought the trailer used and I have not driven it yet. There is the typical connector on the existing wiring on the trailer, but I am not clear on the easiest way to hook that up to my Sienna?

So, my plan is to replace the lights and whatever else I need to do in order to make it rode ready.

It sounds like any trailer light kit will do, but If you or someone has recommnedations on the wiring kits for a Sienna I would appreciate it.

Henry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts