Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited AWD
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you @jbsjbs for all the pics and your experience with the factory roof rack system.

My question is: Has anybody got the factory roof rails but put on aftermarket Cross Bars? I like the idea of some of the quick release ones out there, but I've never had a roof rack before so I don't know all the compatibility issues. I'm hoping to put a couple bike holders and a canoe carrier on top, but infrequently. I don't want to commit to the factory screwed-in cross bars and the possible MPG hit 99% of the time when I'm not needing the rack.

Any help is appreciated, thanks everybody!

·
Registered
6 Posts
not sure if this helps you but i have the factory crossbars, to remove/install is just 8 screws. and they can only go in one position on the rails. so they would go on/off as long as it takes to unscrew and remove. which isn't very long. you just need the right bit to do so. i attached a scan of the manual if that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited AWD
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks for that, i saw in another thread somebody had ordered the crossbars from Toyota and did them on their own. I’m more interested in aftermarket clamp-on type. Maybe they’d be cheaper, and definitely wouldn’t require tools, but I’ma noob with that stuff.

·
Registered
Ordered 2021 Sienna Platinum; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
32 Posts
We've been looking for aftermarket crossbars that attach to Toyota factory roof rails because we want to attach two Thule Hullavators for two kayaks.

We've been striking out.

Rhino Rack makes cross bars for any car, but we heard Rhino Rack does not have the "legs" to attach the crossbars to 2021 Sienna Factory rails yet. It seems Amazon has about 20 versions of these "legs" - hopefully they get the 21st version that fits Sienna soon.
Rhino Rack Feet - none of these fit yet [LINK] (way overpriced)

Here are the Aero bars [LINK] (reasonable price). 59" is the size for 2021 Sienna that has some overhang.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited AWD
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've been looking for aftermarket crossbars that attach to Toyota factory roof rails because we want to attach two Thule Hullavators for two kayaks.

We've been striking out.

Rhino Rack makes cross bars for any car, but we heard Rhino Rack does not have the "legs" to attach the crossbars to 2021 Sienna Factory rails yet. It seems Amazon has about 20 versions of these "legs" - hopefully they get the 21st version that fits Sienna soon.
Rhino Rack Feet - none of these fit yet [LINK] (way overpriced)

Here are the Aero bars [LINK] (reasonable price). 59" is the size for 2021 Sienna that has some overhang.
Thank you! If you wind up getting something, would you post info and pics for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you! If you wind up getting something, would you post info and pics for me? Thanks!
I am still confirming with Rhinorack which model of "legs" fit the Sienna. Amazon has 20 versions of these "legs", hopefully one of these fits and we don't have to wait for them to make another model.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got clamp-on bars for my 2016 Sienna factory rack from Toyota. It looks like a similar rack.
Why don’t you see if your dealer has some you can try?
I also found Yakima Railrider clamps worked for my 6’wide canoe bars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got clamp-on bars for my 2016 Sienna factory rack from Toyota. It looks like a similar rack.
Why don’t you see if your dealer has some you can try?
I also found Yakima Railrider clamps worked for my 6’wide canoe bars.
@Richard E - Thank you !
Yakima ! Yes, someone told me Yakima does not have long enough cross bars, but I see that information was wrong!.

Looks like:
(A) Yakima Timberline Towers ($225) [these fit 2021 Sienna]
SKU: #8000147​

PLUS

(B) Jetstream or Corebar or Roundbar crossbars - Corebar & Jetstream come in 60" length which should be long enough for two Thule kayak carriers
Corebar: CoreBar (Pair) ($165) SKU: #8000422​
Jetstream: JetStream (Pair) ($219) SKU: #8000429​

OPTIONAL
(C) Locks for the rails

Thank you !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts