Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
That didn’t go well. The Four Seasons fittings were barely snug. No confidence they’d hold. I used PEX 3/4” tees instead. Getting half inch heater hose on a 3/4” PEX nipple is a bear! I used dish soap to make things slippery and it was still a struggle.

Wood Gun accessory Trigger Metal Gun barrel

Sixto
‘04 LE FWD 203K miles

·
Registered
2006 LE
2,178 Posts
Next time use a blow dryer or heater gun to warm the hose a bit.

·
Registered
2014 Sienna LE
574 Posts
Use the biggest Sawzall with the toughest blade you can find. That is a miserable, miserable job with the cheapest Harbor Freight Sawzall even with a quality blade.
I haven’t cut an axle, but one time I was cutting stuck rusted brake rotors off my car cause I didn’t want to hammer the crap out of it and possibly damage the bearings. Perhaps I was overly cautious.

Anyway, I had a cheap metal blade, wore out like nothing. Got a Dewalk metal cutting blade, got like 1/8” inch before it was worn out. Bought a Diablo carbide tooth metal cutting blade, and it cut through the brake rotors like butter. It was absolutely unbelievable how fast and easy it cut that 1/4” thick steel.

I had Harbor Frieght’s midrange sawzall, which I bought about 12 years ago. It’s all about the blade. If cutting more than nails, get a quality carbide tooth blade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just did this repair at the beginning of November and thankfully my wife was almost home when one of the tees went. I took the tray off the firewall to make it easier to get to and got the oem tees from the dealership and replaced both. I figured I was better off going with the oem tees rather than metal. I was curious about the old tees since they looked strange and not like real plastic in their deteriorated state. They looked like they were formed with cellulose in their construction. I asked the person at the parts counter at the dealership since I was concerned about debris in the cooling system and they spoke to one of their technicians and they didn't seem to think it was an issue. They almost look like tthey're designed to deteriorate since not all of them was left when I pulled them and their parts out of the hoses. Since the old ones lasted for over 230K miles I figure I won't have to worry about replacing them again.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts