Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been driving a 2011 Sienna with 85,000 miles since March this year. While driving with windows all closed no problems. Lower either front window 2" - 3" the dome lights turn on and the alarm lights show on the dash. Raise the windows and the lights and alarm turn off. I think this might be an air pressure problem. The Sienna is so tight, lowering the window while moving creates enough of an increase in the interior air pressure to cause the rear hatch to open just enough to cause the lights to and alarm to come on. Is this possible?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue and the problem got worse, especially when I would make a turn or go on uneven surface. Some how the latch sensor gets a little play and thinks it is open. There did not seem to be any way to adjust it. I even tried moving the latch forward and back to make a tighter fit, but it did not work. Cutting the one wire seems to have cured the problem with still being able to open the door. With cutting the wire, the van sensor does not think the door is open at all, even when the door is open.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So our Sienna had the same issue. I didn't want to cut the wire...

I took a closer look at the back of the car- mounted on each side of the door, there is a plastic wedge shape that interacts with a rubber block that is mounted to the car body. Our rubber blocks were quite worn and mis-shapen. I was unable to identify the part number from the diagrams online, but my wife had to bring it to the dealer for (another) recall. The service department identified them and sold her the parts (L and R, rubber block and wedge). I replaced the rubber blocks- pretty straight forward if you look at the car- and the annoying ding is gone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So our Sienna had the same issue. I didn't want to cut the wire...

I took a closer look at the back of the car- mounted on each side of the door, there is a plastic wedge shape that interacts with a rubber block that is mounted to the car body. Our rubber blocks were quite worn and mis-shapen. I was unable to identify the part number from the diagrams online, but my wife had to bring it to the dealer for (another) recall. The service department identified them and sold her the parts (L and R, rubber block and wedge). I replaced the rubber blocks- pretty straight forward if you look at the car- and the annoying ding is gone!
Hello, Do you have the part numbers that Toyota was able to identify for you to fix this issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not sure if these parts will fix the issue, but I think I am going to try it.

stopper ~$12-17.50 each
female
67293-08020
67294-08020

stopper ~$11-16.37 each
male
67281-08020
67282-08020

If not, I guess I'll clip the wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a problem, after replace rear driver door it doesn't work electrically. It shows U0202 Lost Communication With Door Control Module D

who can help me to find where it is?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Sienna, and this thread was helpful solving the problem I had with the intermittent rear door open honking alarm. Instead of 3 wires, there are four wires with his Sienna generation. I snipped the green wire which should be the grounding wire. The car latch still works and there was no honking alarm last night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The door open sensor on my 2006 toyota sienna remains on even with all doors closed. I believe this may be due to the rear hatch door as for last few months I had to closed it hard for the sensor light to shut off. I triede to look at the wires to do a fix like what people have used for the 2011 sienna but the wires are different on the 2996. It only has two wires one is white and one red on ane harnes to the latch assembly and the other is a white striped and a red striped wire. Which one can I cut to stop sending a signal back to the computer that the door is not closed. Thanks for your help.

The person with 2004 sienna is right about 4 wires also but my 2006 sienna has a white and a red in one sleeve and a back and a red in another sleeve. Which wire should I cut to slove this issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
The door open sensor on my 2006 toyota sienna remains on even with all doors closed. I believe this may be due to the rear hatch door as for last few months I had to closed it hard for the sensor light to shut off. I triede to look at the wires to do a fix like what people have used for the 2011 sienna but the wires are different on the 2996. It only has two wires one is white and one red on ane harnes to the latch assembly and the other is a white striped and a red striped wire. Which one can I cut to stop sending a signal back to the computer that the door is not closed. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worked for me as well. Took some pictures but it's only letting me load one. This shows Step 4.
1. Removed just the bottom portion of the back panel.
2. Disconnected clip and removed wires black plastic sleeve.
3. Located white wire.
4. Clipped white wire.
5. Wrapped ends in electrical tape.
6. Wrapped all wires back into plastic sleeve.
7. Reconnected the clip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It seems there's an issue with the new generation Sienna Lift Gate Latch assembly which causes false gate open alarm even when the lift gate is closed. Problem happens while driving, making turns and going over bumps. I decided to tackle this after seeing that the replacement part cost $350. I didn't want to spend that kind of money on a part simply to get a courtesy alarm and that too a false one. After carefully removing the rear panel (whole bunch of trim clips), I took out the latch assembly which has a three wire connector. I examined the unit and it's sealed and you really can't get into it unless you want to bastardize with a dremel which I didn't want to do. So a quick an easy fix was to simply clip the wire that sends the signal to the computer. The three wires are Wht/blk , Blue & White. The wire that you want to clip is the White (without stripe). You can clip the wire further away from the connector in the corrugated cable organizer and put a piece of electrical tape on it. Now I don't have that annoying alarm that keeps going off. My car has less than 30K and I am past my warranty period. Another quality/design issue IMO.
I cut the WHITE wire and no effect. Hatch open still activates... Any suggestions?

Right now I just unplugged the whole wire plug to the latch mechanism... False indications stopped, though the Hatch can no longer be opened...

·
Registered
3 Posts
It seems there's an issue with the new generation Sienna Lift Gate Latch assembly which causes false gate open alarm even when the lift gate is closed. Problem happens while driving, making turns and going over bumps. I decided to tackle this after seeing that the replacement part cost $350. I didn't want to spend that kind of money on a part simply to get a courtesy alarm and that too a false one. After carefully removing the rear panel (whole bunch of trim clips), I took out the latch assembly which has a three wire connector. I examined the unit and it's sealed and you really can't get into it unless you want to bastardize with a dremel which I didn't want to do. So a quick an easy fix was to simply clip the wire that sends the signal to the computer. The three wires are Wht/blk , Blue & White. The wire that you want to clip is the White (without stripe). You can clip the wire further away from the connector in the corrugated cable organizer and put a piece of electrical tape on it. Now I don't have that annoying alarm that keeps going off. My car has less than 30K and I am past my warranty period. Another quality/design issue IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cut the WHITE wire with no affect. False indications continue. I unplugged the whole wire plug-in to the latch mechanism, which stopped the nuisance warnings, but obviously, I can't open my Hatch now.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2011 Sienna was stolen, smashed up, and fully repaired. Since then I kept getting an intermittent door alarm from the rear hatch. The service dept. said I needed a new latch assy. ... over 600 bucks installed.

After the repair, I inspected the old latch assy. and found no fault. Normally, when the trunk is closed, and latched, the alarm line is "open" (no connection to GND.). Therefore a "poor" connection could not have caused the problem. [The line switches to GND (or a common terminal anyway) when the trunk is open or unlatched and sends the alert.]

The service advisor insists that this problem is NOT related to the accident ... so I can't claim it on insurance.

I don't think the latch assy. needed to be replaced. There may have been an intermittent short to GND somewhere upstream on the wire ... possibly at the connector.)

Has anyone else run across this problem? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Terry from Toronto
what troubled me is...YOU never had this issue before the thief...so it should be covered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks I just did this and it only took about 30 minutes and it saved my 600$

21 - 35 of 35 Posts